Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Anyone else...

cellsellphones

Feb 28, 2007, 6:01 PM
Has anyone else noticed an unusual spike in customers that expect a free phone w/o an agreement? OR heard "Well *insert provider here* has that phone for free."? I cannot believe people anymore. "I've been with you guys for two years already and you won't just GIVE me a phone. Why do I have to sign a contract?" CAUSE YOUR WORD THAT YOU ARE STAYING IS NOT ENOUGH! *sigh* "Well the RAZR with Verizon is only 50 dollars and I don't have to have a contract. I can get a phone whenever I want." THEN GO! My favorite story goes like this:

Background.. a husband and wife have separate accounts.. in their own names.

C: My husband lost his phone and he need another one but I'm not paying 200 dollars for one.

Me: I only have one used phone and it...
(continues)
krickt

Feb 28, 2007, 6:09 PM
I was just about to post this, it's on the same lines.

Custie: I want a new phone!

Me: Let me look up your account☹️insert asking for appropriate info for account access)

Custie: I don't want to renew, I just want a new phone!

Me: Which one?

Custie: The Krzr!

Me: That'll be $400 plus tax.

Custie: What! It says $180 on the price tag!

Me: That's only if you renew or get a new line, sir.

Custie: Well Sprint's giving away Krzrs for $50 without a contract or a rebate!

Me: Man, that's a good deal!

Custie: Well, are you going to let me out of my contract?

Me: I don't have anything to do with that, you have to call customer service. Are you still in contract?

Custie: I just started the plan in Jul...
(continues)
SarahJo

Feb 28, 2007, 6:45 PM
They're all suing us. And reporting to the BBB. And calling our mommies ☹️
KioskLife

Feb 28, 2007, 7:16 PM
While we're on the subject, what's the deal with the whole 'suing us' thing? I've had that happen to me twice in the last month or so. It would go something like this

M=me
C=Crazy Customer

M= There'll be a 25$ service fee to transfert your account on the new phone (compagny policy)
C= Well customer service didn't tell me that
M= Oh, well that happens sometimes, you can always call back after the transaction is done and ask for a credit, they usually cave in pretty quickly.
C= Oh ok. (see, she agrees here!)
M= *finishes transaction*
C= *grabs back and starts to walk away* See you in court
M= Hum... see ya!

I mean would you go through the trouble of suing a cellphone compagny for a 25$ charge? Newsflash, the compagny will crush...
(continues)
Copper Emeritus

Feb 28, 2007, 7:22 PM
It just shows what a wonderful country we live in.

The people that drive up in a 15 year old beater, dressed to the nines in stuff from the Thrift store, and who have a $500.00 or more deposit are the ones that have an F. Lee Bailey on retainer to sue the cell phone companies for pennies.
krickt

Mar 1, 2007, 10:48 AM
We get threats almost everyday. And as for calling my mom, they don't have to, she's one of my business partners, and is standing right beside me.
Pr0phet

Mar 1, 2007, 11:01 AM
Ha, your dad walks them out, like a bad teenage boyfriend. Great.

We only get to hang up on people in call centers.
krickt

Mar 1, 2007, 11:05 AM
Been there, done that, as well. I'm 40, and my dad is 65, so it's kind of amusing when he comes to my rescue. People don't expect it.
sweetsoprano

Mar 1, 2007, 8:57 AM
I get this often too...at least I don't have to see them in person and I can 🙄 to my heart's content...
coldouthereND

Mar 1, 2007, 11:25 AM
I always love the calls from the customer who dropped their phone and are losing hundreds of thousands of dollars each day they are without their phone and they want it replaced NOW with a BRAND NEW phone AND for no charge...sorry buddy ain't gonna happen-the manufacturer sends out remanufactured phones and the fastest method of shipment we have takes up to two business days with a 7.50 one time charge AND since it was dropped it's probably out of warranty by physical damage and run the chance of being charged an out of warranty fee of up to 425.00...thats when you hear the schpiel about canceling service and suing...and i say--"let me get over to customer care they can take care of that..."
frankiewawa

Mar 1, 2007, 6:25 PM
Ya, I'll tell you whats in the water... its a disease called "I'm a cheap son of a bitch disease" or the "Gimme Gimme Gimme" disease. Nothing is good enough for people these days. "GImme Gimme Gimme" the new slogan for cheap ass, ungrateful customers.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.