Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

hello

yoshi04p

Feb 26, 2007, 4:30 PM
Can anyone please tell me any pros and cons between Corporate and localy owned dealers.
supermep

Feb 26, 2007, 4:37 PM
Okay. I worked at both corporate and a indirect now.

Corporate could tend to do more with your accounts but we were always slammed so we tended to rush you out the door. And there's a wait.

At my indirect we have more time to explain everything and we can work with the pricing. No lines basically ever. But we cant work with out of market numbers or do advanced changes to accounts.

Those are the differences Ive noticed.
yoshi04p

Feb 26, 2007, 4:45 PM
what were the diffrences in qouta?? and did you feel more comfortable with indirect or corp. Currently im indirect. Im relocating to a diffrent city and they only have a corp.
supermep

Feb 26, 2007, 4:54 PM
Quota was rediculous at corporate and they pay you less on commisions.
Hayate

Feb 26, 2007, 4:58 PM
I think the indirects are a lot more focused on quotas because the corporate stores have so many customer service things that they deal with on top of sales.

The corporate stores have quotas still, but it's just a lot easier to make them because they're a lot busier. To make up for that, the corporate stores are a lot more strict with guidelines and such for the most part.
yoshi04p

Feb 26, 2007, 5:08 PM
Im terrified!!!!! ahhh! should I be?? Am I overreacting?
Hayate

Feb 26, 2007, 5:18 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't worry. A job is a job. All you have to do is show up and do what you're told. It'll probably be different from what you're used to, but I don't think I'd say it'll be worse. I'm content with my job and my wife is content with her job. They're different and both have their own pros and cons, but neither are unbearable.
Hayate

Feb 26, 2007, 4:55 PM
Wow....an unbiased post about corporate vs indirect...didn't think such a thing existed @_@

I just expected to see some long rant about how every indirect is in business solely to rob people and screw them over, or that every corporate store has nothing but a-holes working for them...

That's a pretty good summary though. I work at an indirect and my wife works at a corporate store (same carrier), so I've had plenty of experience with both.

Assuming you're talking about this from a customer's perspective, it's all about the person who helps you. As with anything else, it always helps to thoroughly research things on your own before making any decisions.

If you're talking about as an employer, corporate stores typically pay a hig...
(continues)
supermep

Feb 26, 2007, 5:01 PM
I have my quarrels with corporate but I tried to keep this specifically unbias. Ive actually seen the opposite with my experiance on guidelines being much stricter at indirect rather than at corporate. At corporate we gave away instore rebates all the time at indirect no such thing exists...
Hayate

Feb 26, 2007, 5:07 PM
I wasn't referring to those types of guidelines. I mean that at corporate you can't read, play games, etc. Here we used to be able to with no problem. That's changed recently because of some specific events here, but for the first six months with this company it was not a problem to play a DS or read while it was slow.

But yeah, I have had issues with corporate and indirect, and with different stores within the same company for all different types of retailers. It all comes down to who you deal with when you're in the store.
supermep

Feb 26, 2007, 5:10 PM
Intreasting. My computers here at indirect are locked down like no other. At corporate we could read news on cnn and check stocks and play games on addictinggames.com haha.
Hayate

Feb 26, 2007, 5:16 PM
Our computers are quite restricted as well. We can get on Phone Scoop, the official websites for the various carriers or manufacturers, or our human resources site. We were able to bring in books or magazines to read, and also allowed to play DS, GBA, PSP, etc. We used to even bring in our own laptops so we could actually do useful things in our downtime, or bring in an iPod/Zune to listen to music, but all of that is gone now @_@
yoshi04p

Feb 26, 2007, 5:21 PM
Im scared also about moving 3 hours away from my parents house and be semi on my own! and I love working for indirect! I love my bosses, co-workers, and my customers. I dont want to leave it behind for corporate. Honestly im intimidated! That they will eat me alive
yoshi04p

Feb 26, 2007, 5:23 PM
....and does Corporate carry benefits and have demo lines possibly?
supermep

Feb 26, 2007, 5:32 PM
Yeah thats the HUGE Benefit of corporate. Company email.... Company Line of service free (on cingular) etc etc. Great benefits at Cingular as well. I dont know about other carriers tho.
yoshi04p

Feb 26, 2007, 7:00 PM
Yes I work for Cingy
yoshi04p

Feb 26, 2007, 7:06 PM
Where do you reside Supermep? And thank you very much for your help! Shoot me anything else you can think of!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.