Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 22 replies

Did you know!!!

krickt

Feb 24, 2007, 12:36 PM
That continuous BlueTooth use causes ear cancer? I just had a tweenybopper (someone between 11 and 15 a with more money and time than sense) tell me that there's somebody in our local hospital dying of ear cancer because she used her bluetooth too much! I asked her how long ago this happened, because BT's have only been readily available for a couple of years. She told me that she's had ear cancer for years because of bt usage. I'm still giggling about that.
mallbound

Feb 24, 2007, 12:56 PM
I was informed a while ago that using cellphones around people with pacemakers was dangerous. It can cause the pacemaker to stop working apparently. I mean the fact that my uncle, who has a pacemaker, uses his cellphone all the time doesn't mean a thing.

Seriously, how paranoid has America become.
krickt

Feb 24, 2007, 1:00 PM
Did you watch 20/20 last night. Stossel had a story about that. I don't do paranoia, I don't understand people who do. We are so worried about things that happen to 1 in 2 or 3 million people, but we don't protect ourselves or be careful in situations where 1 in 5 people are affected. I don't get it.
jalanjalaning

Feb 24, 2007, 1:10 PM
right... i've have a better chance of being date-raped than getting salmonella from peanut butter
krickt

Feb 24, 2007, 1:13 PM
exactly. Considering that I ate a whole jar of the stuff with no ill effects. And I wouldn't even do parties or dates with people I didn't trust. Even so, you have more chance of date-rape than salmonella.
Nikoletta

Feb 25, 2007, 5:21 PM
And they freak out because they heard you might get cancer or birth defect or any other stuff and nonsense from cell phones and then they go light up... ๐Ÿคจ
jalanjalaning

Feb 24, 2007, 1:15 PM
i would have told her that talking about things you don't understand and know nothing about has been known to cause genital warts
krickt

Feb 24, 2007, 1:17 PM
Another topic that preys on paranoia. I got yelled at the other day for refusing to allow my daughter to have the shot.
jalanjalaning

Feb 24, 2007, 1:18 PM
the shot scares me
krickt

Feb 24, 2007, 1:25 PM
I didn't allow the ChickenPox shot until she came to OK. They require it here to go to school. One of the statistics on 20/20 last night, was that there is a high demand for people wanting a bird flu shot, but more people die from regular influenza in the US each year than have ever died from bird flu. It's just nuts out there.
jalanjalaning

Feb 24, 2007, 1:27 PM
but if weren't not scared about bird flu why will we be tuned to cnn 24/7 so that companies will want to buy advertising from them?
captainplooky

Feb 24, 2007, 2:04 PM
๐Ÿคฃ

I guess you all are still waiting for conclusive proof that smoking causes lung cancer to eh?

There are inherent dangers to carrying a portable microwave device, especially for those with undeveloped nervous systems.
mallbound

Feb 24, 2007, 2:54 PM
I thought there was conclusive proof. You smoke, you get cancer after doing it long enough. Thats kind of a known fact.

So you are saying we shouldn't sell phones or BT headsets to newborns? Dang, my company is going to have to completely rethink its nursery advertisements... ๐Ÿ™„
captainplooky

Feb 24, 2007, 3:00 PM
Nope. There is no conclusive proof that smoking causes lung cancer, because they can not figure out how it does it.

Of course, common sense (nowadays) would dictate that it does.

Of course, on the other hand, common sense once dictated that it had no health implications at all.

That is what I am trying to highlight.

As for newborns, they would be even more sensitive (I imagine) than teenagers, whom I was referencing with my comments.

I spoke on the same topic here a bit further:
https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »
Crapbag

Feb 24, 2007, 6:12 PM
Lol, If you haven't seen it yet you should check out Thank You For Smoking!
jalanjalaning

Feb 24, 2007, 6:25 PM
good movie... also good book...

oh no, i'm one of those "the book was better" annoying people that i hate!
alcave21

Feb 24, 2007, 6:29 PM
๐Ÿคฃ yeah so am i.... ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜Ž lets read books and watch the movie together.... ๐Ÿ˜Ž
jalanjalaning

Feb 24, 2007, 6:30 PM
can i read out loud to you? i like to hear myself talk.
Crapbag

Feb 24, 2007, 7:54 PM
Hm, I didn't know there was a book. The book usually is better unless it was written after the movie. I just love the ending and the new clients he is working with.
sweetsoprano

Feb 24, 2007, 2:52 PM
Wow...ear cancer... ๐Ÿคฃ Seriously, people, stop it.
captainplooky

Feb 24, 2007, 3:04 PM
There have been studies that show an increase in the rates of acoustical neuroma. Some with analog and some with digital signals.

It's not as far fetched as you would like to believe.
ralph_on_me

Feb 24, 2007, 4:19 PM
The RF has to be lower on a BT headset than a phone though. The power consumption is about equal, but the range is only 30 feet. No, I've never compared the two, but I'd be surprised if a BT headset put out more radiation.
jalanjalaning

Feb 24, 2007, 4:26 PM
we're all going to die of cell-phone related brain problems! admit it!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.