Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 23 replies

Louisiana needs to fall off the globe.

Nikoletta

Feb 20, 2007, 7:35 PM
I swear to God, if it were up to me the ENTIRE STATE would cease to exist... like poof! and just vanish, the hole it was in could fill up with water and that would take care of the farking problem of sea-level rise from polar ice cap melt... and we'd loose exactly NOTHING USEFUL (With the possible exception of The French Quarter of New Orleans but I think what we'd be getting rid of would MORE THAN make up for it.)

I have not one time spoken to a person from Louisiana who isn't either functionally retarded or totally belligerent.

😡

The whisper (that thingy that nobody listens to that plays before a live person comes on) says, clearly, that you WILL NEED a credit card to complete any transaction, additionally, the FLYER you were c...
(continues)
tmbold

Feb 21, 2007, 5:20 PM
be easy on us, were just drunk 😁
frankiewawa

Feb 22, 2007, 12:26 PM
Haha. When I was in the call center, I would agree with what you had to say, except for north/south carolina. I think it was something like 50% of people applying for new acts came back with a deposit of some sort. And when you ask them for their billing zip code, you get 307. WTF is 307. That is your AREA code, not your ZIP code. Not too hard to understand. And many other things of that nature. So anyways. I'm all about putting Louisiana down under. 😈
Nikoletta

Feb 22, 2007, 5:20 PM
I thank whatever deity you can pick every day that we don't offer service in those states or I'm sure I'd feel the same way about them after the few callers from there that I deal with (before we realized they're outside of coverage.)
MrAbstracto

Feb 22, 2007, 1:24 PM
I agree 100%.
What is it about that place? I have yet to speak to a custy from Louisiana who wasnt a total idiot.
tmbold

Feb 22, 2007, 4:44 PM
but we have good food
MrAbstracto

Feb 22, 2007, 5:12 PM
😳
You're from Louisiana?!?
tmbold

Feb 22, 2007, 5:19 PM
ya, south louisiana
MrAbstracto

Feb 22, 2007, 5:24 PM
Do you like it?
How do you go through your day without choking at least 5 people?
tmbold

Feb 22, 2007, 5:26 PM
i like it here. theres dumb people everywhere
tmbold

Feb 22, 2007, 5:28 PM
what i mean is theres dumb people in ever state
Nikoletta

Feb 22, 2007, 5:21 PM
I'll give you that. It's not good FOR you but it's yummy.
captainplooky

Feb 22, 2007, 2:31 PM
Today Louisiana, tomorrow the blacks and jews!

Sounds idiotic when you see it like that eh?
chainsaw

Feb 22, 2007, 2:37 PM
I read a book about why new orleans should have never existed. Geographically it is the wrong place to put a city.
sweetsoprano

Feb 22, 2007, 4:07 PM
😡 Idiocy exists in all fifty states... 😡
krickt

Feb 22, 2007, 4:09 PM
Amen, I can testify to that!
alejandro

Feb 22, 2007, 4:11 PM
you are a nut and you have let the job kill you a long time ago, you cant even see the overlooking of common sense in your own posts. let it go.
chainsaw

Feb 22, 2007, 6:12 PM
I think the laws of gravity would cause it to fall into the globe being consumed by the firey core of the earth.
captainplooky

Feb 22, 2007, 6:20 PM
I believe that would be tectonic subduction.
krickt

Feb 22, 2007, 6:22 PM
The first time I read that I saw SUDUCTION. I won't tell you the mental pics that put in my mind! There isn't a subduction zone near Lousiana, but it could fall into the sea......
captainplooky

Feb 22, 2007, 6:32 PM
Study: Louisiana moving down and south

BATON ROUGE, La., Dec. 19 (UPI) -- U.S. geologists say they have determined Louisiana is subsiding vertically and moving southward in respect to North America.

A Louisiana State University-led team studied global positioning system data collected since 1995 and found Louisiana -- including New Orleans and the Mississippi River Delta -- are affected by the subsidence. They hypothesize that occurs, in part, because the area is situated on the hanging wall of a fault system that separates North America from deltaic sediments.

The scientists theorize the sediments and underlying bedrock are moving southward due to gravitational instabilities created by sediment of the Mississippi River Delta loadin...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Feb 22, 2007, 6:51 PM
What that's saying is it's "Subsiding" Not "Subducting" (as you stated previously) which are two VERY different concepts (I'm majoring in Geology) Subducting implies the plate it's on is going UNDER a continental plate (Which since it's continental plate material itself, can't happen, it would clog up the subduction zone and cause the zone to retreat, as happened when most of Washington was formed and the zone was clogged with broken off sea-mounts... really interesting to see how the figured THAT one out too.) Subsidence, however, is plausible as that would imply that the fault section is simply dropping down.

On another, related note, (as the article you brought up mentioned sea-level rise) the actual glacial retreat is not enough to ...
(continues)
krickt

Feb 23, 2007, 10:54 AM
Very good! I was about to say the same thing. Sliding over the top isn't the same thing as slipping under another plate. (Thats the short version of what she just wrote)
Nikoletta

Feb 22, 2007, 6:53 PM
Point but if the we could get some good spin going, or maybe just get a giant galactic pry bar and pop it out and send it spiraling into the sun (or Jupiter or something.)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.