Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Awkward!

kiosk_hell

Feb 20, 2007, 4:07 PM
I just helped Father Time himself choose a new phone...or should I say "tried to help", he'd rather have his son pick one out. Dude was 87 so I'm guessing his son is no spring chicken either, but maybe he's technologically inclined. Anyway, we were chatting and he was pretty pleasant other than talking incredibly slow. Then he pulls this one out on me: "What happens if I die?" Oh boy...well you can't really laugh it off, because he could be serious (you never can tell with old people), but if I give him the correct answer, he might get offended. Luckily his wife swatted him and said, "What are you asking this poor girl?" and they left...but wow.

Oh, and his phone is a Qualcomm 2760DB. I had to google it because although I've seen some re...
(continues)
not2brite

Feb 20, 2007, 4:37 PM
I've had one of the "What if I die" questions. Just say"I hope that doesn't happen, but if it does, then your estate is not obligated to continue service and there would be no EDP."

Old folks I think appreciate brevity and upfront answers, 'cause they don't have time to waste.
Crapbag

Feb 20, 2007, 4:42 PM
I laugh and say it difficult to bill dead people so no they would be able to terminate without fee.
krickt

Feb 21, 2007, 12:04 PM
You say that, we are still reeling from Dish Network charging us for a dead customer's equipment. The customer died before the 6 months required to not have to return the equipment, and, even though the customer's contract, and our contract with Dish states quite clearly that the customer and the customer alone is responsible for the equipment. However, the family stopped all his credit cards and accounts very quickly after his death, and Dish couldn't collect. So they charged us (the now ex dealer) $400 for his equipment and told us to contact the estate to make a collection attempt.

Needless to say we no longer carry Dish Network.

Sorry for the rant, and our cell company has never done this, but it could do.
Whizzzel

Feb 21, 2007, 12:13 PM
I have had 4 people ask me the death question in retention.... its still hard not to laugh and to find a nice way to say "it's not like we can bill a corpse ma'am....."

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.