Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

the perfect older person phone(just for fun)

phxmike

Feb 20, 2007, 3:06 PM
i think there should come up with a 5 button phone

Power/end call.

call, when you hit call it has everyones names auto pop up

voicemail with auto setup no password

volume when you hit this button it will say loud or vibrate the only options. there will be one ringtone. Nails on Chalk board. so they can here it.

new number button that guides them through putting numbers in the phone. or a second option that says hand phone to a kid and have them put number in it.

then it should have 4 tweeters and 2 subs with a 1000 watt amp so there is no way that they can complain about the volume level. We will use a diesel battery for the phone so that talk time will last the life of the phone. you don't even want to know the standby ...
(continues)
Pr0phet

Feb 20, 2007, 3:12 PM
If you can make anything easier than the Jitterbug, I'll shake your hand.
longsleeves

Feb 20, 2007, 3:13 PM
I need at least 3.
bassplayer

Feb 20, 2007, 3:56 PM
That's too complicated. Here's my solution:

Roto Dial so you don't have to adjust.

A casette tape in the back that records everything so there is no "voicemail" to check, it's all stored there.

No ringer, just a car battery you hook up to the person to jolt them when they're called.

As for text messaging, it comes with a pad of paper, envelopes, and 12 free stamps.

Every phone comes with a electric collar that jolts them if they get near a cell phone store.
phxmike

Feb 20, 2007, 4:12 PM
I like the neck collar idea. I will put that in there.
Crapbag

Feb 20, 2007, 4:07 PM
I like the jitterbugs marketing. Its huge and ugly and the only way to get it is by phone under a ridiculously expensive prepaid plan. they don't even offer plans for more than 300 minutes a YEAR. And since there are no retail outlets they never have to see or smell the oldies that purchase their equipment!

Brilliant!!!

Your phone sounds a bit heavy. Give it away to the obese custies to help them work off some of those pounds!
biscuit

Feb 20, 2007, 4:58 PM
I was at the bank last week, and I saw a little old lady in a Caddy with a bluetooth headset on. Blew my mind. My husband didn't understand why, but I am sure you all will. Blew my mind.
phxmike

Feb 20, 2007, 5:20 PM
crazy. I love it.
phonemechanic

Feb 20, 2007, 5:24 PM
How about this one? Yesterday, I had a little old lady in the store. She owned a BlackBerry. I was speechless 👀
phxmike

Feb 20, 2007, 5:31 PM
THATS IMPRESSIVE. MY FUNNIEST STORY IS A 89 YEAR OLD DUDE SIGNED UP ON THE 2500 TEXT PLAN. THATS LIKE 2499 MORE TEXT THAT ALL SENIORS COMBINED USE IN A MONTH.
not2brite

Feb 20, 2007, 5:56 PM
Once again, you open your pie-hole and show just how much of a moron you are.
phxmike

Feb 20, 2007, 6:46 PM
what in the heii are u talking about.
Crapbag

Feb 20, 2007, 7:52 PM
Not2brite is the Champion of elderly political correctness. In other words if you are slamming on the ederly for stereotypical interatctions you can expect a stern reprimand regarding the elderly and their potential tech savyness. Granted in many cases he would be correct. I have a regular customer here that could easily be in his very late seventies to early eighties with a 8125 and unlimited internet. This customer could easily school me on how navigate this phones settings! 😉
not2brite

Feb 20, 2007, 8:00 PM
My rub is what you said- the "stereotypical" part, whether it be elderly, black, asian, gay, straght or whatever.

At least I'm the "Champion" of something.
Crapbag

Feb 20, 2007, 8:05 PM
Hey baby, your talkin to the champ!

Hey stereotypes exist for a reason. If i were to take all of my customers of a certain age group and chart what they come in for i could form a stereotype of that age group. Same thing with gender, race, or customer base as a whole. Stereo types aren't always acurate but they do tend to fit a larger portion than the alternatives.
not2brite

Feb 20, 2007, 8:10 PM
'nuff said.
mallbound

Feb 20, 2007, 8:34 PM
Crapbag said:
Hey baby, your talkin to the champ!

Hey stereotypes exist for a reason. If i were to take all of my customers of a certain age group and chart what they come in for i could form a stereotype of that age group. Same thing with gender, race, or customer base as a whole. Stereo types aren't always acurate but they do tend to fit a larger portion than the alternatives.

If you kept track of that kind of stuff it wouldn't be a stereotype, it would become a statistical analysis 😁
PhoneHero

Feb 20, 2007, 7:59 PM
How about....NONE, NO PHONES FOR OLD PEOPLE! AND NO THEY NEED TO QUIT DRIVING! AND THEY NEED TO BE SHIPPED TO THE MOON!

JUST LEAVE ME ALONE AND QUIT ASKING ME HOW TO TURN YOUR PHONE ON!

J/K i would consider the new Jitter Bug
not2brite

Feb 20, 2007, 8:01 PM
I would love to sell the Jitterbug!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.