Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Question for Reps

computerking

Feb 14, 2007, 7:43 PM
Am I the only location that charges all handsets before they are sold?

Does anyone else do this or know any place that does?
Crapbag

Feb 14, 2007, 7:54 PM
Mine all come charged.
Hombre07

Feb 14, 2007, 8:14 PM
We get shipments, assemble the phones, put SIM cards in them, then shelve them. All phones are charged.
spidermon

Feb 14, 2007, 9:08 PM
Our phones have halfthere charge right out of the box all manufacturers do that you just waist your time. 🤣 😎
Hombre07

Feb 14, 2007, 10:20 PM
And that's the difference between my store and your store. You send them with a 'halfthere' charge and we send them fully charged. Also gives us a chance to catch dead phones.
HDkiosk

Feb 15, 2007, 9:29 AM
but you can potentially leave it open for the cust to accuse you of giving them a used battery...all of ours are left sealed in the plastic until the cust sees it so theres no confusion
Hombre07

Feb 15, 2007, 10:35 AM
We've been building 16 years on reputation and quality. We are in a little town in the middle of nowhere with Wal-Mart to compete with and every one of our customers loves what we do. If there ever would be an issue like that, we make it right. But otherwise they never have a reason to accuse. They are getting the quality service they can't find anywhere else(not to say everyone else's stores aren't great but for this area, it's just us).
HDkiosk

Feb 15, 2007, 10:38 AM
well then stick to what works
kiosk_hell

Feb 16, 2007, 2:45 PM
I've never had anyone complain about the partial charge. Usually they seem surprised that the phone is charged at all, if they ask. I've only had maybe two dead phones come out of the box in my 1.5 years working here. But it's a nice thing for you to do, I won't argue that.
krickt

Feb 15, 2007, 10:44 AM
We do. The phones "come with a charge" on them, but they are notorious for not making it through the rest of the day, so we charge all phones, unless we run out of phones and have to sell them straight off the UPS truck. We think it's a little rude to take a couple hundred dollars from our customers and then say, "You shouldn't use it right yet, charge it for 3 or 4 hours, first" We've never, ever been accused of selling a used battery, or charger or phone.
sweetsoprano

Feb 15, 2007, 3:05 PM
Our customers get their phones straight off the truck, so they need to be charged when they get them. We tell them this during the required recording of the sale. I think they're probably about half charged when they get them. I've never bought a phone (and I always buy at the retail stores) that came fully charges (previously been with Sprint and Cingular, now with T-Mo).
option32

Feb 15, 2007, 6:11 PM
we dont do that here. But not a bad thing to do man.
WhoDey

Feb 15, 2007, 10:44 PM
Yea, cept I have over 400 handsets in my store.

IMO, though from a customers standpoint, its a nice service, its a totally unnecessary one.
phonedeity

Feb 16, 2007, 3:26 PM
Our phones come with about 50 -75% battery life anyway. No, we don't charge them any further.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.