Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 125 replies

Learn to speak...

kapwww

Feb 10, 2007, 4:46 PM
I'll admit that my grasp on the English isn't perfect. The language really does have many rules which can be quite difficult to follow and obey.

My problem is when people just make up words that almost sound like real words but not quite. Then, when I can understand what they are trying to say, they give me grief as if it's my fault for not understanding GIBBERISH!!! LEARN TO USE YOUR WORDS!!!

I can't pay attention in a classroom or meetings at all and I still came out of the public school system understanding how to communicate. How lazy and retarded do these customers have to be to not be able speak coherent English. Were they native of another country, I would completely understand.

Feel free to dissect my grammar and ...
(continues)
kapwww

Feb 10, 2007, 4:47 PM
I'll rip myself apart. My first sentence should have been: I'll admit that my grasp on the English LANGUAGE isn't perfect. Sorry. I apparently don't type as well as I try to speak.
kapwww

Feb 10, 2007, 4:49 PM
I really suck today. Second sort-of-paragraph should say "when I CAN'T understand". Apparently, my brain works faster than my fingers and I miss a few things here and there. Feel free to pick on me.
jalanjalaning

Feb 10, 2007, 4:50 PM
I have my certificate in TESOL and getting a grad degree in linguistics... I see nothing wrong with your grammar... this is an official stamp of approval... the only thing might be:

"My problem is when people just make up words that almost sound like real words but not quite."
which could be reworded for clarity as: "My problem is when people just make up words that almost sound like they're real words but they aren't."
spidermon

Feb 10, 2007, 4:59 PM
are not this is your stamp of approval I went to TESOL some specialty school for the retarded. ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜Ž
jalanjalaning

Feb 10, 2007, 5:00 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
kiosk_hell

Feb 11, 2007, 10:28 AM
I have my certificate in TESOL and getting a grad degree in linguistics

Awesome! I actually considered getting my masters in linguistics. I took a really fun course from a professor who seemed cool but a few years later murdered his wife. Freaking crazy.
robtheman

Feb 11, 2007, 4:20 PM
Did they make a Lifetime movie about him?
alejandro

Feb 11, 2007, 5:31 PM
I'm sure she had it coming.
robtheman

Feb 10, 2007, 4:51 PM
I would rather have someone making up words than someone that is so drunk you can't understand them. The worst is drunk people that make up their own words.
spidermon

Feb 10, 2007, 4:56 PM
I'll admit that my grasp on the English isn't perfect.

Your first sentence man come on. ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜Ž
katrina

Feb 10, 2007, 5:07 PM
Or when they use existing words in odd (to me) ways, "that new iphone's clean! when yall gettin it?"
jalanjalaning

Feb 10, 2007, 5:09 PM
yes, it is clean, it just came out of the box... ๐Ÿ‘€
katrina

Feb 10, 2007, 5:11 PM
i know right! i want to say "well that demo phone in your hand has been handled by about 2000 people, it's probably not that clean..."
jalanjalaning

Feb 10, 2007, 5:22 PM
yeah, and don't think it doesn't have baby drool and traces of feces on it either...
katrina

Feb 10, 2007, 5:26 PM
Ewwww.... it's true but ewwwww.....
craptacularwireless

Feb 10, 2007, 5:28 PM
I hate when people say supposably. It's supposedly you nitwit.
robtheman

Feb 10, 2007, 5:33 PM
My math teacher says, "hunderd," instead of, "hundred." It drives me up the wall. She says it at least 10 times every class too. Next time she does it, I should just jump up, scream, run to the front of the room, and write it in big letters on the chalkboard.
katrina

Feb 10, 2007, 6:02 PM
my boss's boss pronouces 'question' like 'kwurshn'
mallbound

Feb 10, 2007, 7:14 PM
WHat about when poeple, "axe" me qestions?

What I find truly funny though, is when i travel to a different part of the country and people tell me I have a nice accent. I'm from the midwest, I have no accent.
katrina

Feb 10, 2007, 7:17 PM
Yep, people ask me where I am from all the time because I have no discernable accent. (maybe a couple words here and there are bit 'odd', but not really in line with the accent of one particular place lol)
txsolitaire

Feb 11, 2007, 2:34 PM
I had a math teacher that would say
"ho" instead of HOLE.

Used to drive me nuts, I kept wanting to plug her ho.

er hole.
katrina

Feb 10, 2007, 5:57 PM
ROFL
jalanjalaning

Feb 10, 2007, 7:44 PM
i think this conflict is really what started the civil war...
3gee

Feb 11, 2007, 3:09 PM
What makes me even more upset than that is when people say sims card, then you correct them like five hundred times and they still say sims card. ๐Ÿคจ
jeffatt

Aug 13, 2009, 4:34 PM
I had one lady who kept going on and on about her "stem cell chip" to go in the back of her phone....
jeffatt

Aug 13, 2009, 4:36 PM
damn...just noticed this thread was old as sin...2-year thread-bump alert!
Nikoletta

Feb 11, 2007, 12:27 PM
That saddest, most pathetic part, is most of these people, and you're right, they're native too, have no excuse for not speaking at least comprehensible English, have been through a standard school system. However, and this is really the pathetic part, is that their teachers speak the same way... they learned poor English in school.

My favorite example was a man was talking about his daughter going to school in a location where the English skills of the teachers was sub-par and he went to a parent-teacher conference and sat down and his daughters teacher informed him "Your daughter be flunkin English."
Whats my name

Feb 11, 2007, 12:29 PM
They all speak sparxx english ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Be a Randall not a Dante

Feb 11, 2007, 3:16 PM
My only problem with people is one word. Catch! I work in Northern Arizona in a community that has a large native american population. For some reason I can not explain, the entire reservation decided when referring to anything to do with cell phone reception they have to use the word catch as many times as humanly possibile. "How far do the catchers on that phone catch? Do it catch good?" is a common heard way of asking about wether or not a paticular phone gets decent reception, and it drives me insane.
Be a Randall not a Dante

Feb 11, 2007, 3:18 PM
"I Run Fast Good. All Hopis Run Fast Good!" is what it says on a shirt I've seen several different Native Americans wearing. It was the moto for a big race event on the rez.
robtheman

Feb 11, 2007, 3:19 PM
Well, at least they have a sense of humor about their stereotype.
Be a Randall not a Dante

Feb 11, 2007, 3:31 PM
Most of them don't realize that is not even close to proper grammer... I don't know what it is about the reservations in Northern AZ. I've met indians in other states who are smarter and nicer then I could ever dream of being, but here, every single family who lives on the rez are almost disturbingly stupid. The ones who aren't all seem to move to one of the surrounding citys. The worst part is the kids. Hate to be corny, but children have so much potential to learn and make something of their lives, but the parents here are horribile. Every day at least once sometimes up to 7 or 8 times, the security guards come over the intercom with "Will the parents of a (2-9) year old native american (Boy/girl) please come get their child. Sometimes the...
(continues)
robtheman

Feb 11, 2007, 3:49 PM
I lived in Flagstaff for a while. There are a lot of families in that area that fit your description. That's more due to growing up in a poverty stricken area that doesn't have much to offer than it does being North American Indian/Native American/First Nation (I'm not sure what the PC term is any more). They're not necessarily stupid, they've just been raised in an environment where that kind of thing is acceptable.

Although I do have a story that tops any of yours by a long shot. I used to live next door to an insanely disfunctional family in the "ghetto" part of Flagstaff.
Hayate

Feb 11, 2007, 4:10 PM
You must not have lived here long. It has nothing to do with poverty and has everything to do with being stupid. I've seen people from poor areas before in different parts of the country and they aren't this dumb.
robtheman

Feb 11, 2007, 4:16 PM
I lived there about 3 years. It's not completely poverty, but poverty is part of it. Those people don't have much hope to get out because of the cultural pressures that are put on them. They can't leave because they alienate their people and culture. There's nothing there for them to do (as far as any kind of success). So they can either leave the area and be shunned by the culture, or they can stick around and be poor and depressed. Depression leads to alcoholism in a lot of cases, etc etc. It's a pretty ugly situation.
Hayate

Feb 11, 2007, 4:51 PM
None of that makes it so they can't succeed. All of that was just a series of excuses for why they choose not to succeed. That said, even in poor areas, there are still schools so it's not like the kids just aren't learning anything.

It's more like simply being lazy. They get money handed to them by the government. They never bother to set up a bank account or establish credit and just use their government hand-outs to pay for everything. They don't bother paying their bills half the time because they simply aren't held accountable for it when they don't.

I've never been to the reservation so I can't speak from experience about the conditions there. However, my wife's father used to work on the reservation for about...
(continues)
robtheman

Feb 11, 2007, 5:17 PM
You say that these people are choosing not to succeed by our standards. While that's partially true, I think you're candy coating the situation. Keep in mind that these people have been raised for generations being taught that they're in their current situation because of white people. They want to continue to live in the culture that was quite literally stolen from them, but they can't any more. The blame rests on the shoulders of white people. If they come out to live in Flagstaff or Williams or any of the other towns, they're going against everything they've been raised to believe. Why would you live with someone that screwed you over so badly?

Now, you and I see it as, "We didn't do this to these people." And that's true. Howe...
(continues)
jalanjalaning

Feb 11, 2007, 5:28 PM
hey, i know you're new and i'm with you 250%... hayate consistently posts stuff like this... argue if you want but i try not to read his arguments because they make me sick to my stomach...
robtheman

Feb 11, 2007, 5:32 PM
I'll keep that in mind.
Hayate

Feb 11, 2007, 6:09 PM
If any of the things I've said on this subject make you "sick to your stomach" then you have been brainwashed. Nothing I've said is bad or wrong or racist or whatever else you want to call it.

People that are born into a crappy situation, regardless of race, have every chance to get themselves out of that situation. If someone chooses to stay in poverty, chooses not work because they can live on government hand-outs instead, and chooses be a bad parent, they are making those choices.

It doesn't matter if they think the white man ruined their lives or whatever other nonsense. The fact is, they have the ability to move away from that situation, get a job and an education, and get out of that situation. They choose not to. If that fa...
(continues)
alejandro

Feb 12, 2007, 12:21 PM
You are so full of sh*t it comes out of your eyes. You are the most racist person on phonescoop and i have had people on here send me racist jokes in text messages.

You make wild observations based on a few and apply them to the whole, you say that you have never been to a reservation but people that have have seen "20,000 trucks" besides the fact that thats not even a lot of money for a truck anymore that is just throwing a minority example to judge a majority. That's not even second hand information, and to us, thats 4th hand information, and about as credible as a chain e-mail story about a guy buying a Ferrari with food stamps.

You really love judging people, you do it everyday, you stand in your little booth and watch people not ...
(continues)
Hayate

Feb 12, 2007, 1:16 PM
What about the things I've said here has been racist? Please, enlighten me. As I've said countless times on here, talk to pretty much anyone else in this town and it's something everyone recognizes. I've never said that all Native Americans are bad people, nor have I even said that all of them in Flagstaff are bad people.

I've simply said that a majority of them here act in a way that draws negative attention to them. It's a fact that every day I hear at least one overhead page in the mall asking for the parents of a Native American child to come claim their lost child. It's a fact that a majority of the credit checks I do for people on the reservation come back with a $500 or $750 deposit. It's a fact that a majority of the Native ...
(continues)
alejandro

Feb 12, 2007, 3:02 PM
I don't care if it's the majority opinion, You have not said that all native americans are bad, quite the opposite. You have said that due to comparisons with other peoples accounts with native americans in other regions that the majority of native americans in your area are the "most retarded". You have said it numerous times.

Credit Checks are not the issue, of course people who are relegated to live on a reservation are going to have horrible credit, us cellular actually gives discounts to people who live is such blighted reservations because the living conditions are so bad, but credit is relative, no credit for sprint is what? $500. The worst credit for us cellular is 400? that doesnt mean 40 year old black guys from the veterans ho...
(continues)
Hayate

Feb 12, 2007, 3:39 PM
I'm really not even sure if it's worth replying to you because you obviously have no grasp on what I've said or the situations I'm commenting on. That said, I always like seeing what stupid things you'll say next, so I have to continue this.

I have never said that the Native Americans here are the "most retarded". I said that people I've talked to in other parts of the country do not have such experiences, which means that the problems we have here are not present elsewhere. This means that rather than it being something I have seen with a majority of the entire race, it's something I've seen with a majority of the race in this particular area.

You'll also note that no matter how racist you think these observations are, it's ...
(continues)
NinjaMonkey

Feb 12, 2007, 3:57 PM
Jesus loves you!
alcave21

Feb 12, 2007, 3:59 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
Hayate

Feb 12, 2007, 4:05 PM
Jesus is gay.
alcave21

Feb 12, 2007, 4:09 PM
yeah so you're a gay man worshipping a gaylord...... ๐Ÿคฃ
alcave21

Feb 12, 2007, 4:09 PM
that one was too easy hayate.... ๐Ÿ˜Ž
alejandro

Feb 12, 2007, 4:30 PM
It is time to demonstrate wording.

"You are a moron"

That is an observation, not a fact. You cannot distinguish between your subjective observations and actual facts. You use relative wording and approximations and pretend second hand accounts and call them facts.

My bus driver "analogy" was you. Those figures were yours. The "Bus driver" is the figure I use in every incident I use in occupational racism. You act like a dick mostly because of your experiences with the general public, but because of your skin color the typical "redneck customer" as you describe them does not have the lasting effect. This applies to everyone, not just you.

I never pay my bills on time, i always pay them late, my power bill, my water bill, you name...
(continues)
Hayate

Feb 12, 2007, 5:25 PM
I very clearly state every time what groups I'm talking about when I use figures like that. I specify if it is in a particular area or if there are any other factors that come into play. And please, share with us even one "pretend second hand account" I've referenced. And feel free to back up your points with something at least resembling fact or evidence to support them.

And you continue to make stupid assumptions that are not based on fact or even reasonable thought. I ignore negative experiences with redneck customers because they happen to be white? What do you base that on? The fact that you jump to conclusions, ignore logic and just about everything I've said, and still assume that I'm racist?

I don't talk about redneck cus...
(continues)
alejandro

Feb 12, 2007, 5:57 PM
Well, while I don't really care to go too deep into this much more with you since what you do with your time doesn.t really affect me. The story of your uncle or whoever he was visiting the reservations and his coming back of tales of the brand new pickup trucks. As evidence of their decadent lifestyles of poverty.

And you talk about fact or evidence, you use nothing of the sort, you use nothing but anecdotes and subjective personal assesments. you judge peoples financial and personal situations and mete out your own sentences like some supreme court judge of society.

I didn't say you ignore so much as it does not affect you as much, and i said that goes true for everybody, when a black guy gives gives a white person with an already ra...
(continues)
Hayate

Feb 12, 2007, 6:13 PM
My wife's father worked on the reservation for six months. I have no reason to doubt what he told us about the conditions there. I also see a lot of Native Americans driving around town in brand new trucks, so it's no surprise that many of them are from the reservation. So, I still don't see any examples of "pretend second hand accounts" or whatever you said.

I actually have mentioned numerous facts about this situation. Every time I do you simply dismiss them and say I'm just being racist and judgmental. I haven't said anything about punishing them or anything of the sort. I've simply pointed out the situation in this area.

I understand what you're trying to say in the last paragraph, but it simply isn't true in the sense that y...
(continues)
alejandro

Feb 12, 2007, 7:21 PM
Ah you just don't get it, and you never will, but whatever, you will continue doing what you do and there is nothing i can do to change that.

We agree on many things, we have a lot in common, you and I. We are both non-theist assholes, we argue just for the sake of arguing, we disagree with american imperialism although you go overboard with it. We are both interested in japanese culture although I am more interested in the language and you are more so in the popular culture. There are 2 divergent paths we go on. Economics, Particularly liberalism and as it applies to capitalism, you are a libertarian, and you believe that people should do whatever they want, even if that person is a corporation, a Goldwater republican. A Republican that ...
(continues)
Hayate

Feb 12, 2007, 7:48 PM
That was definitely the most reasonable thing I've ever seen you post in our debates. I still disagree with your views on both economics and racism, but at least you didn't resort to name-calling and irrelevant insults (aside from the last sentence which I will dismiss as humor).

That said, I don't actually have a problem with illegal immigration so much. I'm irritated by the fact that illegal immigrants, drug dealers, and other people that work "under the table" don't pay taxes while those who work legitimate jobs do pay taxes. To be perfectly honest, if we moved to a flat national sales tax I would have absolutely no problem with any immigration, illegal or otherwise.

I also am personally annoyed by certain immigrants' refusal to ...
(continues)
robtheman

Feb 12, 2007, 4:34 PM
Hayate said:
A vast majority of the reservation customers that do credit checks here come back with high deposits, while that ratio is significantly lower in white, black, hispanic, and asian customers in the same area.

I call BS. There aren't any black people in Flagstaff.
Hayate

Feb 12, 2007, 4:42 PM
There aren't many, but they are here. There are like seven or eight black people that work in the mall. I've seen quite a few others in the mall shopping and stuff too. Honestly, I'd say that aside from the people that work in the mall, I see maybe two or three black people a day shopping here. Still, I can think of maybe two or three black people that have come back with higher than $150 deposit and one of them had just turned 18 and had no credit at all.
robtheman

Feb 12, 2007, 4:45 PM
You're lying to make yourself look good.
alejandro

Feb 12, 2007, 4:48 PM
if he was going to do that he would say he has been with a woman.
robtheman

Feb 12, 2007, 4:48 PM
...or an Indian.
alejandro

Feb 12, 2007, 4:52 PM
he could probably pay to be with a woman, but not an indian woman because they wont take the initiative to get out of poverty by selling their bodies.
robtheman

Feb 12, 2007, 4:55 PM
And why would they? It's not like they need the money to take care of their kids.
alejandro

Feb 12, 2007, 4:58 PM
Yeah, totally, they don't even take care of their kids! people at cingular kiosks spend more time watching their kids them they do!
robtheman

Feb 12, 2007, 5:04 PM
It's a shame that people at Cingular kiosks are such upstanding role models for what everyone in our society should be like. Maybe if Cingular didn't demand such high society, the Indians true exceptional child care would show.
alejandro

Feb 12, 2007, 5:12 PM
Maybe Hayate should adopt all the reservation children so that they can become upstanding libertarian children. With a healthy respect for the law and free market.

They can all get respectable jobs at a cingular and then cast dispersions on fellow native americans and why they cannot get out of their poverty stricken situations.
robtheman

Feb 12, 2007, 5:14 PM
I'm sure that he could pack all of the reservation children into that Ferrari of his. It's too bad they live in a separate soveirgen state that would not allow that. I've got it! We should just build Cingular kiosks all over the reservation!
alejandro

Feb 12, 2007, 5:20 PM
No! that would be a hand out! they have to build and operate them by themselves or they will never learn! Of course... if they start making too much money we will have to exercise our right to take them back.
robtheman

Feb 12, 2007, 5:21 PM
They should build cup-attached-to-string kiosks!
alejandro

Feb 12, 2007, 5:22 PM
God damn spear chuckers need to get with the times and stop huffing glue
robtheman

Feb 12, 2007, 5:23 PM
Seriously. If they weren't all so retarded, they could use their spears and glue to build a Cingular kiosk.
alejandro

Feb 12, 2007, 5:49 PM
Hahahahaha
Hayate

Feb 12, 2007, 5:26 PM
That is actually true of any employee at pretty much any retail location in Flagstaff..
SprintEarlyLife

Aug 13, 2009, 3:52 PM
lol theres not black folk in flagstaff the all in phoenix
MrGoofball

Aug 13, 2009, 4:44 PM
And you felt the need to necropost a 2 and a half year old thread with this breaking information why?
robtheman

Aug 13, 2009, 4:46 PM
alejandro made a link to it in the Lounge. SprintEarlyLife probably just clicked on that link and responded without thinking about it. It's not really a necropost so much as it was, "Remember this?" This guy read it and responded.

And it should be bumped. It's goddamn hilarious.
BoredatSprint

Aug 13, 2009, 5:11 PM
Kind of funny when you talk about an opinion you have about a race of people, and then argue about how it's not racist. ๐Ÿ™„
Hayate

Feb 11, 2007, 6:03 PM
You still ignore the fact that these people make their own decisions. It isn't like anyone forces them to make bad decisions in life. If you're born into a bad decision, you have every chance to get out of it and learn from your parents' mistakes.

If they start to drink and that leads to abuse and bad parenting, it's still their fault that they started to drink.

It may not be an easy situation to get out of, but it's still possible.

That said, a majority of these people don't care about their culture or any of that. If they cared about their culture and keeping to their traditions they wouldn't be here getting cell phones, video games, expensive name brand clothes, and fancy expensive cars or trucks. I'm not saying that n...
(continues)
alejandro

Feb 11, 2007, 5:18 PM
you worked at a wal-mart? didn't your parents raise you right?
robtheman

Feb 11, 2007, 5:22 PM
You know what's sad? Where I live now, working at Wal-Mart is a decent paying job. There's not much here...
alejandro

Feb 11, 2007, 5:27 PM
It was tongue in cheek. As in not to judge peoples living conditions, not to judge parenting and not to judge others peoples business. If you read hayates posts and most of the other posts in the shop talk its a bunch of people judging a bunch of things a whole lot of things people shouldnt be judging. You get the feeling when a customer comes up to him he bottles all this hatred inside but is so craven with cowardice he just waits until they go away for him to run to the phonescoop to unload on a hundred sympathetic ears for people to go "oh you are so right you are such a mastermind and everyone else is a troll!"

You would think the shop talk would be more about "Hey so what promotions are you guys running now?" and less about "Hey you ...
(continues)
robtheman

Feb 11, 2007, 5:31 PM
Could be. I haven't read enough of his posts to have an opinion either way.

I'd be surprised to see Shop Talk like that. I mean...how many times can you talk about what promotions are going on? There's already the carrier forums for that stuff. Although I don't think that people should be judging the customers they bring in. It's one thing if someone does something incredibly stupid and deserves to be made fun of. That doesn't mean that person needs to be labeled as black, white, indian or whatever. Unless they're Mexican. Mexicans are idiots.
alejandro

God damn mexicans and their really big hats... you know they steal the display phones under those right....
robtheman

Feb 11, 2007, 5:33 PM
So THAT'S what happened to all my dummy phones...

Stupid Mexicans. They should just stick to what they're good at. Working at taco bell and making my nachos.
alejandro

Feb 11, 2007, 5:34 PM
Mexcians don't work at taco bell, they work at dennys. White kids named chad and billy work at taco bell
robtheman

Feb 11, 2007, 5:35 PM
Ahh, that must be the problem. We don't have a Denny's so they naturally migrate to Taco Bell.
alejandro

Feb 11, 2007, 5:37 PM
I didn't even know there were mexicans in arizona. learn something new every day
robtheman

Feb 11, 2007, 5:38 PM
I don't live in Arizona any more. I live in Wyoming.
alejandro

Feb 11, 2007, 5:40 PM
what was your old name again?
robtheman

Feb 11, 2007, 5:41 PM
I'm sure you've already put two and two together, but I'd rather not say it here. Someone once told me that I was Mexican by association. If that doesn't clue you off, what's your email address again?
alejandro

Feb 11, 2007, 5:46 PM
no, i remember who you are, but i cant remember your old name, i tried searching for spud but that wasnt it :/
alejandro

arapunk@comcast.net
robtheman

๐Ÿ˜
alejandro

Feb 11, 2007, 5:49 PM
got it!
robtheman

Feb 11, 2007, 5:52 PM
Glad to hear it. Now stuff a burrito in your mouth before you start telling people.
alejandro

Feb 11, 2007, 5:58 PM
Gotta keep it on the down low? Ah, i got it, Gay lovers trying to get you for some of that gay adopted child support money huh? Your secret is safe with me you flaming homo.
jalanjalaning

๐Ÿ˜ณ
Hayate

Feb 11, 2007, 6:18 PM
We make fun of people that are dumb. It doesn't matter what race they are. However, if 100 people come up and say the same thing (like "Does this phones catch real good up on the rez?") and they're all Native American, it's reasonable (and not racist) to point that fact out.

And all Mexicans aren't idiots. Just Alejandro.
robtheman

Feb 12, 2007, 1:46 PM
Hmm....

Nope, they're all idiots.
Hayate

Feb 11, 2007, 6:16 PM
You act like people don't belittle customers because they're afraid of them. It's pretty simple really. If you want to keep your job, you can't do that sort of thing. If I owned my own store and someone came in acting like the people that we talk about in shop talk, I'd tell them off to their face with no hesitation.

I've done this sort of thing on plenty of occasions when I was in a store and not working. It's not like I'm afraid of the people or afraid of confrontation. I'm just not a big enough idiot to make fun of a customer and get fired.

And for someone who talks about not judging other people so much, you sure do like to freak out at me and call me a racist for pretty much everything I say...
Hayate

Feb 11, 2007, 6:12 PM
Honestly, Wal-Mart was by far the worst job I ever had. It was a temporary thing because it was less than a mile away from my apartment and they did both interviews and hired me in one day. I was making $10 an hour there so it was decent pay compared to working for minimum wage. I also took excessive breaks (they had an amazing policy: if you are on break and get asked anything work-related by an employee or customer, your break starts over after you're done) and didn't really have to do anything. It sucked, but I knew it was temporary and I needed a job right away. It gave me some income while I looked around for a real job.
SarahJo

Feb 12, 2007, 12:26 PM
Oh, I understand what you mean. I have so many people say "cut off" and "cut on." And the thing is, that can mean a couple different things. Dropped calls, power issues, etc.

I hate when I ask "Is the phone powered on right now?" And they go:"What do you mean?" ..."You know... the power. Is it..on?" And they CORRECT me by saying "Oh, you mean is it CUT on? Yes. It is cut on. Did you what me to cut it off?"
alcave21

Feb 12, 2007, 12:27 PM
no for the love of buddha dont cut it off.....!!! ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜Ž sorry had a flashback.... ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ‘€
SarahJo

Feb 12, 2007, 12:28 PM
And how did that end? ๐Ÿ˜•
alcave21

Feb 12, 2007, 12:31 PM
well i have an alloy for a knee dont i...? ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜Ž
SarahJo

Feb 12, 2007, 12:32 PM
Oh. Your KNEE. That's exactly what I was thinking. ๐Ÿ‘€
alcave21

Feb 12, 2007, 12:36 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜Ž

nah doctors dont carry daggers..... ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜Ž
SarahJo

Feb 12, 2007, 12:57 PM
I do ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
chocolateman85006

Feb 12, 2007, 1:43 PM
To keep your fiancee in line? LOL ๐Ÿคฃ
alcave21

Feb 12, 2007, 1:58 PM
๐Ÿคฃ good one.... ๐Ÿ˜Ž
SarahJo

Feb 12, 2007, 2:37 PM
Hey, whatever means necessary, right?
chocolateman85006

Feb 12, 2007, 8:14 PM
I guess ya gotta do whatcha gotta do. That, and hope that he doesn't get on phone scoop.
alcave21

Feb 12, 2007, 1:58 PM
ah and i bet you only have it especially for me right..... ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜Ž
aavera

Feb 12, 2007, 4:39 PM
I HATE that! My ex-husband used to say that crap all the time and got overly defensive when I would correct him. Grrrr.
CallMeT

Feb 14, 2007, 3:16 PM
Oh oh, I had this lady come into my store recently saying..."My phome(and I meant to spell it like that)got shut off and I need to get it shut back on!"

OMG How retarded is that!?!?
CallMeT

Feb 14, 2007, 3:13 PM
That is the funniest thing I've ever heard!!!!!!
aavera

Feb 12, 2007, 5:03 PM
Worsh. Or Worshington. Seriously, people. There isn't an "R" there. Never has been, never will be.

Or expresso. It's eSpresso. Again, no "X" in that word.
alejandro

Feb 12, 2007, 5:14 PM
People do that... you cant fight regional colloquialisms... thats like fighting a crusade against people who say "sacrameno" or pluralize words like "boeings"
snapps

Feb 12, 2007, 5:18 PM
u may not be able to fight it but its still annoying as hell

like people who say splendeR or malk
aavera

Feb 12, 2007, 5:20 PM
Oh, I know you can't, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.
alejandro

Feb 12, 2007, 5:23 PM
take a deep breath and let it all go...
mapleleaf88

Feb 12, 2007, 6:39 PM
How about Pacific when they really mean specific? that one drives me nuts. So does 'yous guys.' that is not english. at all.
Wireless Buddy

Feb 14, 2007, 11:51 AM
I live in Baltimore and a lot of people say Warsh instead of wash...

its like in Boston they say chowda.
phxmike

Feb 12, 2007, 8:12 PM
where do you work at. In Flag. If so what company?
Wireless Buddy

Feb 14, 2007, 11:52 AM
phxmike said:
where do you work at.

VIOLATION! Cannot end a sentence with a preposition! ๐Ÿคฃ
jalanjalaning

Feb 14, 2007, 4:22 PM
you can if it's an interrogative!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.