Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Little snot

kapwww

Feb 9, 2007, 10:15 AM
This little girl, maybe 12 years old, comes in with dad who's going to buy her a phone. He wanted something basic and the first thing he said was he wanted text messaging blocked. He also said she couldn't have a camera phone. She goes straight for the KRZR and starts crying that she has to have it. I have none in stock, so I'm hoping he says no.

She cries that it's her birthday and he has to get her what she wants. After about 15 min of this, and me showing them other phones, dad finally caves and asks when I will have them in again. I tell them next week, which is still a week before her birthday, but she can't wait. The closest store that might have them is at least 45 min away. I didn't tell them that, but it's a big city, s...
(continues)
Technologic

Feb 9, 2007, 10:20 AM
If I acted like that in a store my dad would have back-handed me.
krickt

Feb 9, 2007, 11:04 AM
If I acted that way right now, I would get back handed! I was raised with the understanding that if my parents bought me anything, whether for birthday, Christmas or just because, it wasn't because I deserved it or earned it, it was out of the kindness of their hearts and could be taken away or refused for no reason whatsoever. Any fits would cause immediate humiliation and pain for the person throwing the fit.
SweetGirL83

Feb 9, 2007, 11:31 AM
I cant believe kids these days. They have no respect for people or themselves. Just watching parents let their kids wine over anything until they get what they want, so sad. Whats this world coming too!!!!!
krickt

Feb 9, 2007, 12:22 PM
I've posted this before, but here goes again.
I had a family come in because we were doing buy one get one Razrs, and their daughters wanted them. Well, their daughters just got their phones in the summer, so, no go. I can't do an upgrade for a while, like over a year. When I explained that to the mother, the two daughters did something that would get my kids slapped or pinched or something. One stomped her foot and crossed her arms and pouted. The other one started whining, "But MOOOOOMMMMM!" over and over loudly. When the one girl stomped her foot again and glared at me, I laughed out loud and before I could stop myself said, "Does that ever work?" She almost started crying. The mom got up and left the store with the girls whinin...
(continues)
cellvet

Feb 9, 2007, 12:38 PM
No to sound old or anything but when I first got into the cell biz 5 yrs. ago I couldn't believe how spoiled some of the theses kids are and it just keeps getting worse. I thought if any good came out of 911 it would wake people up and realize how screwed up our priorities are in this country but boy was I wrong. If my kid acted like that they'd get a backhand and no cell phone period.
mapleleaf88

Feb 9, 2007, 7:18 PM
I think that, with the whole 9/11 business, parents protected their children a little bit too much. I understand that you want to keep your children as innocent as possible for as long as possible, and also that some children were a little bit too young, but honestly! this stuff happened. It was a wake-up call for a lot of people, and I think that some children were just so protected from that wake-up call that their still 'sleeping.'
sweetsoprano

Feb 10, 2007, 3:21 PM
krickt said:
If I acted that way right now, I would get back handed!

I would too, and I'm 27 years old...I can't believe some of these kids and their parents. It's like they're afraid of upsetting them...they will get over it if they can't get what they want right away. Kids like these grow up to be maladjusted adults who often commit crime because they can't have what they want RIGHT THEN. 🙄
PhoneHero

Feb 9, 2007, 3:36 PM
👀 😳
CptWireless

Feb 9, 2007, 7:29 PM
Whenever I run out of stock on a phone, I completely take it's display down and anything in the store that would remind people of that phone. If someone comes in specificcaly for it, I tell them it's on back order and no one in town can get it.
jalanjalaning

Feb 9, 2007, 7:31 PM
me too 😁
kapwww

Feb 10, 2007, 3:44 PM
We order every week, so it doesn't take me long to get stuff in. I usually don't worry about it with the KRZR because I think I've only sold 2 since they came out. Most people around here are so cheap they don't want it if it isn't free. I have trouble selling anythign that's more than $99.99 before rebates.
SweetGirL83

Feb 10, 2007, 3:46 PM
Ya, people only want free phones and when i sell them the free ones, they come back later on and say this is a crapy phone and crapy reception! Geez, i wonder why! Idiots! 👀

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.