Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 21 replies

every sunday... (rant)

jalanjalaning

Feb 4, 2007, 12:09 PM
Every freaking Sunday U get to work around 11:40 and the mall opens at 12... There are people crawling around in here wondering when the stores are open and walk around all pissed off and angry that they are not able to shop yet... They stand in front of the gate of the store whose employees they want to harass and tap their foot, look at their watches, and roll their eyes... Since I'm in a kiosk with no gate to protect me from them I am subject to a flow of asinine questions like "why aren't the stores open?" Furthermore, they're so annoyed and bored because they have to wait to shop they all go to starbucks, making the line extend down the hall, so when mall employees who want nothing more than nice cup of joe to start off the day get in ...
(continues)
Whats my name

Feb 4, 2007, 12:15 PM
"Why are you open but not them"

Got that this morning.... I wanted to just...DIE โ˜น๏ธ
cremz

Feb 4, 2007, 12:18 PM
yea, I really dont miss the mall at all. I loved the sales, but the hours sucked and the excess amount of people were wierd.
jalanjalaning

Feb 4, 2007, 12:31 PM
yeah, hi, i'm not open, i just don't have a cool gate to protect me from you people!
kiosk_hell

Feb 4, 2007, 1:27 PM
I haaaate that. Like, clearly I am counting change, the display phones are still locked up, my lights are off, GO AWAY until you see the other stores lifting their gates.
kiosk_hell

Feb 4, 2007, 1:19 PM
I swear we work in the same mall. I feel your pain.
KioskLife

Feb 7, 2007, 10:23 AM
I still had my coat on last sunday 'cuz it was soooo cold, so I was trying to stay alive and not freeze to death (and it was half an hour before opening) and this lady came to the kiosk and after cleaning her throat to make sure I knew she was there, she looked at her daughter and said "Looks like he won't help us, lets go somewhere else." ๐Ÿคจ Damn right I won't help you. I mean come on, the lights are all out, I'm still wearing a coat, its half an hour before opening, why should I help you?
crxtreme89

Feb 7, 2007, 12:51 PM
KioskLife said:
I still had my coat on last sunday 'cuz it was soooo cold, so I was trying to stay alive and not freeze to death (and it was half an hour before opening) and this lady came to the kiosk and after cleaning her throat to make sure I knew she was there, she looked at her daughter and said "Looks like he won't help us, lets go somewhere else." ๐Ÿคจ Damn right I won't help you. I mean come on, the lights are all out, I'm still wearing a coat, its half an hour before opening, why should I help you?

You need an CLOSED sign to put on your counters.
cilvzwagent

Feb 7, 2007, 4:53 PM
CLOSED sign? What's that? They work? Everytime our Open signs go out, people still come filing in our parking lot as if we just put a bright blinking neon sign outside that says "Entire Store Free without Contract!" I love the ones who see that the doors are locked, lights are out, and they peer through the windows and see us closing everything down, and they bangon the windows....like it's going to magically become daylight savings and it's gonna roll back an hour...... I had ppl do that one night when I was stuck here till 7:00 pm.......we close at 6!
EnterTheWu78

Feb 8, 2007, 11:11 AM
HAHA When I first started and was trying to be Mr. (insert company name) I opened the doors for someone at 9:05...Big mistake.

Now when they bang on the window I don't even look their way. One of these days I'll catch them in my street clothes and bang back on the windows. Then I can just blame it on a customer.
SarahJo

Feb 7, 2007, 10:35 AM
You guys should get one of those baby gates ๐Ÿ™‚
Crapbag

Feb 7, 2007, 4:11 PM
Create a DeadLine around your store, giving you a ten foot diameter. On this line you should clearly print that any one crossing this line before your hours of operation will be shot on sight without warning. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
DJ Parkay

Feb 7, 2007, 7:57 PM
Stop working at mall kiosks
GTO_chick

Feb 8, 2007, 11:24 AM
I had a guy keep banging on the front window one morning about 20 minutes before we open. I went to the door and told him we would be open at 10:00. He asked what time it was and I told him. He asked if would go ahead and refill his prepaid account for him and I said I would when I opened. He asked how much more time before we opened and I said I would be open in 20 minutes. He asked again if I could just take care of him and in a firm, but not mean way, I said no and closed the door. He tried to get in again when the mailman came and got mad when I told him to step out. I realized after the fact that he is illiterate (literally).

When he finally came in, he demanded my regional manager's name and phone number, so I gave it to him. He jus...
(continues)
jalanjalaning

Feb 8, 2007, 11:34 AM
life is too short to get angry at a someone for something like that... i hate people who talk about calling your manager, dm, or rm... go ahead, take the time out of your day to get upset about something stupid to another adult... it's like they're trying to intimidate you... when someone asked for my manager's # at my old job (which happened a lot there, but, strangely, has never happened for me in cell) i would give it to them and ask if they want to call now and hand them the phone... go head... call my manager and wake him up... he's in love with me, i can do no wrong, but he'll let you have it for waking him up...
GTO_chick

Feb 8, 2007, 11:47 AM
I feel the same...I did offer to call for him and he just stood and glared at me. It is always a good time beating them at their own game. All I do is immediately email or call him and tell him some freak will be calling and he usually just laughs at them. Most of the time they don't even call.
jalanjalaning

Feb 8, 2007, 11:54 AM
true that... in all the collective time people have spent complaining to a manager about service (food, whatever) they were not satisfied with they probably could have helped end hunger, found cures for disease, and gone to their kids little league game... it's just not worth the time and energy...

though i did email taco bell when they took my favorite item off the menu (maybe if enough people complain they'd bring it back... they haven't :cry๐Ÿ™‚
GTO_chick

Feb 8, 2007, 12:06 PM
โ˜น๏ธ sorry for that....what was it you wanted back?
jalanjalaning

Feb 8, 2007, 12:07 PM
chicken enchiladas... delicious!
GTO_chick

Feb 8, 2007, 1:07 PM
hmmmm.....never had one...I did hear that the new tacitos aren't very good
that_one_girl

Feb 8, 2007, 12:51 PM
Too funny. This past Sunday I got here at around 11:20 to do some inventory stuff and paperwork before we opened. At 11:31 I had this super redneck guy walk up to me and say "How come most these shops ain't open today?" I then informed him that they would in fact be open, at noon, when the mall opens.

I kinda always thought it was universally known that malls open at noon on Sundays. I guess that is not the case.
spidermon

Feb 8, 2007, 4:25 PM
Nuff said. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.