Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 52 replies

My post directed towards ray was deleted.

DigAHole

Feb 2, 2007, 9:11 PM
For a personal attack??? 🙄 The email I got didn't even mention what I said that could be construed as an attack 🙄

Either way, it's funny and sad at the same time.

I guess it's easier to be a chicken and tattle then to respond with something decent.

Like I said, hopefully there's a big brother program around your way. Get those kids some guidance...
not2brite

Feb 3, 2007, 3:13 PM
Better watch out, he is the king of tattle-tellers...

He is the self appointed mod of these here forums, so don't speak ill of him or you're sure to get in TROUBLE!

No one likes busy-bodies, especially a soon to be 37 year old busy-body.
sparxx92562

Feb 3, 2007, 3:15 PM
none likes tattle tellers....your mom taught you not too tell....code of the street...
toolz

Feb 3, 2007, 3:15 PM
lol
jalanjalaning

Feb 3, 2007, 3:16 PM
🤣
DigAHole

Feb 3, 2007, 4:07 PM
This post may get deleted. Calling him the "king of tattle-tellers" could be construed as a personal attack. Don't be suprised to see this one go too and get an email from the mods.

😁
not2brite

Feb 3, 2007, 4:19 PM
I think not...I'm sure Rich and Eric are tired of seeing his name as much as most of the regular posters here. Besides, being callled "king" is a compliment.

I enjoy PS as a time diversion, but with Raycarroll70 playing his usual self really makes it VERY unenjoyable. Someone can work for a carrier and support them, but Raycarroll70 goes too far. Every reply sounds like he works for the marketing department of SPCS. I would think some of his stuff would be against the T & C's, but it just isn't that important to me.

My life really would not end if I couldn't visit here or got asked to not return.
sparxx92562

Feb 3, 2007, 4:26 PM
r u a girl?
not2brite

Feb 3, 2007, 4:31 PM
know eye am knot
sparxx92562

Feb 3, 2007, 4:35 PM
a guy?
not2brite

Feb 3, 2007, 4:37 PM
Well, my real name is Pat...
raycarroll70

Feb 3, 2007, 5:27 PM
Androgynous Pat?
raycarroll70

Feb 3, 2007, 5:26 PM
There is only one true King which I'm sure those who've been around here long enough know who I'm referring to. I don't work in marketing. I'm in their direct retail sales channel. As far as the T&Cs are concerned, I cross my t's and dot my i's.
DigAHole

Feb 3, 2007, 5:33 PM
raycarroll70 said:
There is only one true King which I'm sure those who've been around here long enough know who I'm referring to.

Muhammed.

I don't work in marketing.

But it seems to be your goal.

I'm in their direct retail sales channel.

In the most PC literal translation written below:

I cannot move up because of the way I am. That's why I'm a ground floor type of guy.

As far as the T&Cs are concerned, I cross my t's and dot my i's.

They should call it rayscoop.com. If it offends you, then it get's deleted.
frankiewawa

Feb 5, 2007, 10:00 AM
pwned, raycarroll70. pwned. 😎 RAYbans
DigAHole

Feb 3, 2007, 5:30 PM
not2brite said:
My life really would not end if I couldn't visit here or got asked to not return.

Ditto, but I'm just calling it as I see it with ray ray.
raycarroll70

It's Ray "Raise the Roof" Carroll. 😎
knn_dm

Feb 5, 2007, 6:36 PM
Yeah, raise the roof and drop it on Ray Carrolls head. 😈 Seriously, get a life.
raycarroll70

Feb 3, 2007, 5:22 PM
LOL! Believe or not, I didn't even have to say a word to Rich. I'm not a self appointed moderator, just a wireless sales professional who also is a fourm member here that believes in abiding by the T&Cs set forth for Phone Scoop. If I find a thread that may be in violation of the T&Cs, I'll usually report it to Rich and let him decide it the post and/or forum member warrants corrective action whatever he deems appropriate. I too have had threads deleted by him for pushing the envelope a wee bit too far.
sparxx92562

Feb 3, 2007, 5:26 PM
lol crazy...
DigAHole

Feb 3, 2007, 5:28 PM
DigAHole said:
I guess it's easier to be a chicken and tattle then to respond with something decent.

Again, you still don't get it do you?

And by the way, there is no one else on here that would have reported what was written in that thread except yourself or your alter ego: cyberpisonit or what it's name is.

You lie to everyone on here, and now you're lying to yourself.
raycarroll70

All I can tell you about cyberpsionic is from his profile, he works for Embarq, DJs on the side and goes by Gary. Like I said, Rich does peruse through the threads without me having to say a word. I guess you decided to crawl out of the hole you dug.
DigAHole

Feb 3, 2007, 5:37 PM
Don't get mad 'cause you got busted for creating another screen name. We were having a discussion about it last night untill you got the post deleted. Remember?

How do you know what Rich does by the way? Do you guys have communications on a regular basis? Nah, I didn't think so. He's stated many times on this site that they're too busy doing reviews and setting up the site to scan through threads for something that might offend you.

I think it's hillarious that you've made up a whole mantra for your alter ego. It's actually funny you named him 🤣
cyberpsionic

Feb 3, 2007, 5:41 PM
Please don't put me in the same class as "Ray Ray" as you like to refer to him as such. I'm a bit about his standard. Peace.
raycarroll70

Feb 3, 2007, 5:42 PM
😳
DigAHole

Feb 3, 2007, 5:46 PM
Again, you only chime in during a ray ray post.

🤣
sparxx92562

I dont think ray can close a 800 dollar deposit.... on a two line deal and still sell the phones without buy 1 get 1 free...he has no skill like me.... 😎 stunnas
raycarroll70

The highest deposit I've seen in my store is $500 and yes, I've have a customer throw down a grand for a Sprint Fair & Flexible Family Plan(before we went to the Sprint Power Pack Plans) so I've got skills I've got the game.
sparxx92562

Feb 3, 2007, 5:34 PM
but how much did you sell the phones for and did you get data?
raycarroll70

Feb 3, 2007, 5:43 PM
The 2 year discounted price as any other customer and each signed for the Sprint Power Vision Ultimate Pack at $25.00/month along with unlimited text messaging at $15.00/month.
phonemechanic

Feb 3, 2007, 5:40 PM
HA! Sure, Ray. Try this. Three line family share. Three $1,000 deposits. Customer walked out with 3 v3m (not on a BOGO special). Text and ringback tones on all. VCAST on two. Cases, OEM car chargers, and bluetooth headsets for all of them. $$$$$$$$$ Close that and then we can talk about who has skills and who doesn't. 😛 😎
sparxx92562

Feb 3, 2007, 5:44 PM
I have more skills playa...and by the way i wonder why ray didnt post on the best sexual experiance thread...maybe all of his are bad.....lmao 🤣
raycarroll70

Feb 3, 2007, 5:46 PM
It's not the length of the fishing pole that matters. It's how you wiggle the worm to reel in the fish. 😎
sparxx92562

Feb 3, 2007, 5:47 PM
I know not jus in and out im a circle man....hittin every wall is my master plan...
DigAHole

Feb 3, 2007, 5:47 PM
I'm more suprised that he didn't report them.
craptacularwireless

Feb 5, 2007, 4:13 PM
Are we really debating selling skills? Really? That's just retarded.
kiosk_hell

Feb 5, 2007, 4:17 PM
Well, they can't whip out their peens and measure over the internet...
craptacularwireless

Feb 5, 2007, 4:19 PM
And what exactly would that even prove? That one of them has a bigger penis than the other? So? The size of your penis is something you're born with, not something that you've accomplished. People are retarded.
kiosk_hell

Feb 5, 2007, 4:22 PM
Just another stupid thing on which to base your self worth...
craptacularwireless

Feb 5, 2007, 4:27 PM
I guess so, eh?
I hope they realize how silly they're being.
krickt

Feb 5, 2007, 4:27 PM
Amen.....
bassplayer

Feb 3, 2007, 10:22 PM
or who sells phones to drug dealers.

Who the hell has a $1000 deposit AND money? like the two go hand in hand.
raycarroll70

Feb 3, 2007, 11:21 PM
Right now, quite a few people can throw down the Benjamins with their IRS Tax refunds. Also quite a few minority groups are known to hord their money and are quite diligent about it for such items.
SOxCALx1155

Feb 4, 2007, 4:15 AM
raycarroll70 said:
Right now, quite a few people can throw down the Benjamins with their IRS Tax refunds. Also quite a few minority groups are known to hord their money and are quite diligent about it for such items.

I've seen it happen...I had a customer do did that!! He was req a dep of 150 per and he wanted a nice phone. He took 2 lines, a 6700, and a Samsung A-900M, and nearly $400 in accessories. Yeeeeep! that was an exciting day.
Hayate

Feb 5, 2007, 12:07 PM
You're gay.
raycarroll70

Feb 5, 2007, 1:24 PM
If you mean as in happy, then yes I am considering I'm getting married mid Spring. 😁
Hayate

Feb 5, 2007, 12:09 PM
I've had a ton of stuff deleted for that reason. I've had people start a thread and state that it was meant as an insult towards me, and when I replied and insulted the original poster, my post got deleted because it was a personal attack while the original remained. I even pointed this out and they didn't do anything about it. The mods here are pretty sweet.
DigAHole

Feb 5, 2007, 2:28 PM
Hayate said:
The mods here are pretty sweet.

I'm starting to realize that...
Hayate

Feb 5, 2007, 2:57 PM
You just have to realize that you can't expect consistency at all. As long as you understand that the posts that are deleted are either dependent on people complaining or are randomly selected, it'll be a lot easier to deal with things. If you try to find a reason or any sense of order or logic when it comes to deleted posts, you'll come up empty handed.
DigAHole

Feb 5, 2007, 3:58 PM
I guess that's the best method to take. I think it also depends on who wrote the post in question.
Hayate

Feb 5, 2007, 4:18 PM
Probably. I've had three of my posts deleted because they were deemed to be "insulting" or "an attack on another user" when they were replies to posts that were insulting me. All three times I pointed this out to the mods and they never replied and the original posts that insulted me were left alone.

Actually, I can't think of a single post that insulted me that got deleted. Maybe it's because I don't whine and complain to the mods every time someone insults me, but that's still no excuse.
DigAHole

Feb 5, 2007, 4:29 PM
Hayate said:
Maybe it's because I don't whine and complain to the mods every time someone insults me,

Good for you. I like how this site is touted as a "family site." Though you have to be 18 to obtain a cell phone, and every person on this site is over 18.
Hayate

Feb 5, 2007, 4:31 PM
Yeah, and the fact that for every one thread that gets deleted for "mature content", another 50 like it are ignored by the mods. And we're talking about threads with very obvious names that should give you an idea about their content.

As far as not reporting people, it's far more fun to insult someone back and make them look like an idiot than to have the mods delete their post and give them a generic warning.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.