Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Why the carrier reorganization?

mark0000

Mar 2, 2006, 3:41 PM
When you click "carriers" the order is changed from what it has been for quite awhile. Do you keep these organized by subscriber numbers? If it is, I didn't even notice Tmo passing Sprint/nextel.

All this time on this site and I'd never noticed a reason for the organization.

Thanks guys
Rich Brome

Mar 2, 2006, 5:01 PM
Yes, it's sorted by subscribers. It's not really intended to be a 1-2-3 official ranking kind of thing, though - just a way to have the larger carriers listed first.

T-Mobile hasn't actually passed Sprint. I just updated T-Mobile with Q4 data that I don't have yet for Sprint. Sprint did release numbers, but unfortunately they're not broken out by CDMA vs iDEN, which we're still keeping separate for now since they still have two separate phone lineups. Sprint did add subscribers, so when I update Sprint, they'll move up ahead of T-Mobile again.

The other recent re-org in that list was the consolidation of Western Wireless with Alltel, since they are effectively merging right about now.
Sharpiefrnd

Mar 6, 2006, 10:42 AM
Dude you are awesome 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.