[ahem]

japhy

May 17, 2007, 5:55 PM
So, when are we gonna see the official page for this:

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhib ... »

After all, it's not official until it's on Phonescoop. 🙂 😉
eric Lin

May 17, 2007, 8:04 PM
the bad news is those documents tell us less than apple has already told us. and the documents that will tell us more don't become public until july - after the iphone is due to launch.

the other issue delaying it's hotly awaited appearance deserves a little story: as i was writing up the news about the iphone launch back in january, we were at CES. rich was in a meeting during the announcement and came in to the press room to find me and everyone else we know watching our screens intently for all the news from live-blogs, shouting out features as different sites published them and furiously typing away to get the news up. rich looks over my shoulder and shakes his head in shock and then exasperation. "i'm going to have to re-write our da...
(continues)
Rich Brome

May 18, 2007, 3:08 PM
First, let me take this opportunity to say that descriptive subject lines are your friend. 😉 "Ahem" or "hey rich" aren't very helpful subject lines for people browsing the forum. There are too many threads like that in this forum, and it makes it hard for people to see what people are talking about or whether their question has been asked already, etc.

I'm not saying it's a rule that you need to craft the perfect subject line, but I'd appreciate it if more people simply tried to be more mindful of that.

As for the iPhone spec page... I'm working on it. We've been behind on phone spec pages in general lately. I'm not happy about it, either. ☚ī¸ There's been a flood of other important things taking up all of my time, but I'm doing m...
(continues)
japhy

May 21, 2007, 12:55 PM
I'll keep that in mind. 🙂
Rich Brome

May 18, 2007, 3:14 PM
BTW, if anyone wonders why we didn't cover that as news, it's because it isn't news. It was expected, nothing about it was surprising, and no new info was revealed.

However, I would like to take this opportunity to plug our recently-enhanced FCC approval page:

https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/new.php?m=f »

...which is the place where we always make note of new FCC approvals, news-worthy or not.
SystemShock

May 19, 2007, 5:40 PM
Rich Brome said:
BTW, if anyone wonders why we didn't cover that as news, it's because it isn't news.

Whoa, okay, guess that clears it up. I was wondering why Engadget, CNET, and seemingly everyone else had a story on that but PhoneScoop appeared to be 'out of the loop'.

Thing is though, I don't think too many people visit this forum, so prolly 98% of the peeps are gonna keep wondering how PhoneScoop 'missed' this one.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.