Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 16 replies

transferring

jaderz03

Aug 30, 2006, 4:25 PM
How do you transfer files via bluetooth..my co worker tried to send me a song from his phone and it didn't work
ralph_on_me

Aug 30, 2006, 4:28 PM
First you've gotta be within 30 feet of each other.

Make sure bluetooth is turned on on both phones.

Go to the file on the senders phone and select copy or send via bluetooth. It should search for nearby devices, and then they'll need to pick yours.
jaderz03

Aug 30, 2006, 5:13 PM
we got that far, and we actually got the file to transfer but after that we can't find the file in my phone and it's not in my music store
deeterman

Aug 30, 2006, 5:23 PM
ill tell you the same thing i tell everyone that has problems with bluetooth you have to lick the antenna first

and you are posting in the wrong forum
MeatballzNGravy

Aug 30, 2006, 8:36 PM
This is actually an easy one. Not all bluetooths are the same. There are different formats of bluetooth. For example, A T-Mobile or Cingy phone will not be able to send files/mp3's etc to a Verizon or USC phone because they use different formats. Your problem may actually be in your phone. If you connected successfully and it shows that the transfer completed but you cant find it, means that your phones mp3 formatter is not the same as your friends making it unplayable in your phone. Most phones in this case will just auto delete it hence why you cant find it.
deeterman

Aug 31, 2006, 9:50 AM
no no no just lick the antenna
Rich Brome

Aug 31, 2006, 3:16 PM
Wrong forum, but i'll be nice and answer anyway 😉 :

Copyrighted content like music is usually protected by DRM technology that prevents you from making illegal copies.

Smart DRM will only block copying of files with specific rights attached, such as music, ringers, or graphics you bought on your phone. It's illegal to just give your friend a copy of such files, so most phones won't let you do that.

Less sophisticated "DRM" will simply block copying of any files that could potentially be copyrighted, such as any audio file that might be music. (As determined by the file type, or what folder it is in.)
MeatballzNGravy

Aug 31, 2006, 3:24 PM
But what about for instance a mp3 that you download from like limewire. I bluetooth those from my computer to my SE S710a with no problem. Can transfer them to all my friends phone to phone as long as they have a GSM handset. Yet I try to send them to someone who has Verizon or USC, it wont recognize the file. Isn't that a variance in Bluetooth softwares???
Rich Brome

Aug 31, 2006, 3:35 PM
Yes.

The CDMA phones you're trying may simply not have the Bluetooth profile for transferring files (OPP / OBEX). Verizon has it disabled completely on most of their phones.

...or they might have the "dumb" DRM technology I mentioned that refuses to transfer MP3s because they might be copyrighted.

It's mostly likely the first situation, though.
MeatballzNGravy

Aug 31, 2006, 4:49 PM
I see, thanks for the info. It is really good to know.
deeterman

Sep 1, 2006, 9:42 AM
or you could lick the antenna and override the copyright protection
MeatballzNGravy

Sep 1, 2006, 10:14 AM
Why as soon as I saw your name in this thread I already knew what it was going to say. What if it is an internal antenna phone??
jaderz03

Sep 1, 2006, 10:25 AM
😲
mdhk123

Sep 12, 2006, 5:59 PM
could someone help us with bluetooth transferring? we are new to all of this and need step by step instructions please we've been trying this for about a month now. we have the motorola pebl u6 phone on cingy network but cannot get the settings to allow downloads of games and ring tones. we were told to do it via bluetooth and our dell computer. please help!
deeterman

Sep 13, 2006, 9:54 AM
you are in the wrong forum
deeterman

Sep 13, 2006, 9:55 AM
and I forgot to tell you lick the antenna
chainsaw

Sep 13, 2006, 8:26 PM
I bet it is moto that is the problem. Call their tech support.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.