Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Question for administrator....

THEGAME

Jan 11, 2006, 9:40 PM
Can someone tell me why you cant curse in forums unless you have a curse word in your username...this I do not understand?
Insert Witty Name Here

Jan 12, 2006, 11:16 AM
You mean, if my name was Insert ****ed-up Name Here, I could curse all I want without the man shutting me down?! Man. I really chose the wrong name.
THEGAME

Jan 12, 2006, 11:41 AM
it certainly appears that way, just check out the user isellthe----outofphones, not only does he have excrement in his user-name he curses in his posts and even when I bring it to their attention they do nothing, they must be getting kickbacks from him or something 🙄
Insert Witty Name Here

Jan 12, 2006, 12:19 PM
Insert Witty Name Here

Jan 12, 2006, 12:20 PM
Huh. That's odd.
THEGAME

Jan 12, 2006, 1:31 PM
your tellng me 😲
everman

Jan 12, 2006, 1:38 PM
Why do you care if he curses in his posts?

Rich and Eric do not always feel that bad language as you may interpret it is necessarily bad language as they interpret it.
Abd how do you know that they havent done anything about it? They do send e-mails to people to warn them you know.
THEGAME

Jan 12, 2006, 1:48 PM
well considering these people have done it over 100 times nothing has happened
Insert Witty Name Here

Jan 12, 2006, 1:55 PM
You don't like cursing? Or are you upset that you can't curse too?
Rich Brome

Jan 12, 2006, 9:48 PM
If that's the case, then either those messages weren't reported to us, or they simply didn't seem inappropriate enough to us to warrant action.

While it is crucial for us to keep things civilized in the forums, we also try not to be overzealous censors. While this is a privately-run site where there is no technical "right to free speech", we still try to honor that ideal.
Rich Brome

Jan 12, 2006, 9:44 PM
In the case of that specific username, someone brought it to my attention a while ago, but I didn't really feel it crossed the line.

As for the content of forum messages, everyone is held to the same standard. I assure you there is no bias toward any user(s).

If you see something inappropriate, please report it to us. Don't assume we've seen it already.

If you report it and we don't delete it within 12-18 hours, then you can safely assume we've seen it and decided it was not inappropriate by our standards.

There are always gray areas, so we simply do our best to keep things civilized without censoring unnecessarily.

We do our best to be as fair and consistent as possible with the things that are brought to our attention. We're...
(continues)
Rich Brome

Jan 12, 2006, 9:36 PM
No.
Rich Brome

Jan 12, 2006, 9:35 PM
If someone has an offensive username, please report it to us. That is explicitly prohibited by the Terms of Use.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.