Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Rich - Please get rid of "trolls" in Carrier Forums

pizpiz80

Apr 11, 2005, 3:04 PM
Topics suchs as "10 reasons why cingular should burn" and "VZW: getting 0wned since 11/04 and still fading?" Do these topics provide helpful information whatsoever? The Carrier Forums have been getting to be minefields of useless flames. IMO those forums are a real waste of time anymore, unless you feel like arguing. I dont think im the only one that would like to see a change in the ToU towards "trolling". I can think of a few members that come on here JUST to start an argument. Please do something about this.
coldsteel

Apr 11, 2005, 3:07 PM
I would like to add my agreement to this post, Rich.
Cigee

Apr 11, 2005, 4:08 PM
Me too!
Rich Brome

Apr 11, 2005, 10:58 PM
I hear your call and feel your pain. ☹️

It's something I do take seriously and am working on ways to address.

The root problems are twofold:
  1. Since the forum system was built from scratch, the moderation capabilities are still rather limited. We don't have the capability to accept volunteer moderators, and the moderation tools for us two site editors are relatively basic.
  2. There are only two moderators for the 500+ forums on the site, (including all of the individual phone forums,) and running the site is a full-time job for both of us even without the moderation bit.

So that's why our ToU is intentionally narrow in its definition of what is "inappropriate" - we just don't have the resources at this point to ...
(continues)
BetterThanJake

Apr 12, 2005, 1:54 AM
Thank you Rich... its good to know that you're working on it.

I do hope in the interim that you will accept moderations of the more blatantly obvious 'troll' topics, as it will help make the forums a better place. 🙂
HeroPsychoDreamer

Apr 12, 2005, 2:33 PM
Maybe Rich should make a "Troll" forum, so all the troller can just go there and stay in there LOL 🤣 It'll be exclusive to them and only them.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.