Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 40 replies

Do...

filerx

Dec 23, 2008, 11:29 PM
the moderators check their PMs from the Phone Scoop members on a regular basis? The reason I ask is I've noticed that various members here have openly admitted at the Phone Scoop Group of MySpace (Erika Marie is their moderator) of the fact they have been banned under a screen name and have since returned to Phone Scoop under a new alias.
Burger Time

Dec 23, 2008, 11:38 PM
filerx said:
the moderators check their PMs from the Phone Scoop members on a regular basis? The reason I ask is I've noticed that various members here have openly admitted at the Phone Scoop Group of MySpace (Erika Marie is their moderator) of the fact they have been banned under a screen name and have since returned to Phone Scoop under a new alias.

https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »

https://www.phonescoo »...
(continues)
Burger Time

Dec 23, 2008, 11:51 PM
OfAMightDivine said:
Read this one...

I am not coming on here and saying filerx is so and so, I am merely posting links to banned accounts whose posts are identical to his.
filerx

Dec 24, 2008, 12:04 AM
Ah, IC. Got it. Thank you for the heads up. This thread from Rich should be included in the TOUs when people sign up for an account here.
Burger Time

Dec 24, 2008, 12:05 AM
filerx said:
Ah, IC. Got it. Thank you for the heads up. This thread from Rich should be included in the TOUs when people sign up for an account here.

I know you know the TOUs better than anyone else here.
robtheman

Dec 24, 2008, 12:43 PM
Not true. If he knew the TOUs better than anyone else, he wouldn't have been banned thirty times.
vzwilman

Dec 24, 2008, 2:12 PM
A difference between knowing the TOUs and following them.
filerx

Dec 24, 2008, 12:58 PM
Can I get some input from the moderators on this one? Bueller...Bueller...Buller.
robtheman

Dec 24, 2008, 2:00 PM
Every single time I've contacted them with a question of merit, they get back to me within about ten minutes.
filerx

Dec 25, 2008, 8:39 PM
Well, I'm sure Rich will PM me...
Burger Time

Dec 26, 2008, 11:36 AM
filerx said:
Well, I'm sure Rich will PM me...

I am sure Rich has far more important things to do than to listen to you. Like, testing out new phones, keeping up with wireless news, etc., etc.
ErikaMarie

Dec 26, 2008, 1:46 AM
If someone comes back & acts like an ass, they get banned again. If not, they're safe.

Also, the fact that I am the moderator of the phonescoop group on myspace has no place here. I've never been banned.
filerx

Dec 26, 2008, 8:03 AM
I am just saying ErikaMarie that if the moderators would just read the thread were people say who they are here, they would know who they already banned and probably should ban the person's new screen name.
llama

Dec 26, 2008, 11:27 AM
should base their decisions on here-say on another website? I give Rich and Eric more credibility than that.
Burger Time

Dec 26, 2008, 11:34 AM
filerx said:
I am just saying ErikaMarie that if the moderators would just read the thread were people say who they are here, they would know who they already banned and probably should ban the person's new screen name.

filerx, you are a banned user who keeps coming back again and again, so why do you get upset when others do the same? Isn't that hypocritical of you?!

Also, you promised that you would not do this stuff:

filerx said:
I would like to formally apologize to any and all Phone Scoop members for any disrespect as well as offense I may have caused to each one of you. No, my apology is not been driven by any reprimands by th...
(continues)
filerx

Dec 26, 2008, 7:01 PM
As my thread clearly points out, I'm new here and if I come across as someone who has been banned, sorry Chucky.
Burger Time

Dec 27, 2008, 10:29 PM
filerx said:
As my thread clearly points out, I'm new here and if I come across as someone who has been banned, sorry Chucky.

๐Ÿคฃ

You need to learn more convincing lies.
ErikaMarie

Dec 26, 2008, 12:27 PM
that just because someone admits, or claims to be a banned user, this does not warrant a new ban. If they're behaving themselves, the admins have not given them any trouble, whether they are banned members or not.
cookiesandcreme69

Dec 26, 2008, 3:30 PM
I mean seriously. People would like you and respect you if you weren't trying to take Rich's job from him. I feel as long as they aren't causing trouble then they should be fine.
filerx

Dec 27, 2008, 8:55 AM
Justice for all shall prevail...
OfAMightDivine

Dec 27, 2008, 11:42 AM
filerx said:
...And Justice for all...

I really like that album.
filerx

Dec 27, 2008, 12:07 PM
Justice shall be served...
OfAMightDivine

Dec 27, 2008, 12:29 PM
filerx said:
Master Of Puppets...

Another good one!
pigeon farmer

Dec 27, 2008, 1:03 PM
are you stalking me because you keep claiming things that are untrue.
cookiesandcreme69

Dec 27, 2008, 3:30 PM
Are you Ray the Bounty Hunter of internet forums? ๐Ÿคจ
Burger Time

Dec 27, 2008, 10:36 PM
cookiesandcreme69 said:
Are you Ray the Bounty Hunter of internet forums? ๐Ÿคจ

Here is his claim:

pigeon farmer

Dec 27, 2008, 4:24 PM
You may not

3.Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal right of others;

I believe you are breaking this rule can you please just leave me alone I dont come on here trying to attack you and it would be nice if you would do the same towards me. Thank you.
filerx

Dec 27, 2008, 9:44 PM
Let's get the offical word from Rich Brome, the Head Honcho of Phone Scoop regarding my thread since he has the final say in everything with the site as well as forums.
Burger Time

Dec 27, 2008, 10:30 PM
filerx said:
Let's get the offical word from Rich Brome, the Head Honcho of Phone Scoop regarding my thread since he has the final say in everything with the site as well as forums.

I think Rich Brome's silence on this speaks volume. In fact, I wish he would close this thread because this is getting old.
filerx

Dec 27, 2008, 10:51 PM
The squeakiest wheel gets oiled first!
Burger Time

Dec 27, 2008, 11:19 PM
filerx said:
The squeakiest wheel gets oiled first!

And the attention-seeking trouble maker posing as a new user gets banned.
filerx

Dec 27, 2008, 11:30 PM
Oh Lord!
filerx

Dec 28, 2008, 1:15 AM
๐Ÿ˜Ž
Burger Time

Dec 28, 2008, 12:20 PM
filerx said:
I would like to formally apologize to any and all Phone Scoop members for any disrespect as well as offense I may have caused to each one of you. No, my apology is not been driven by any reprimands by the moderators as none have been given as of yet. I do not wish to disrupt the hustle and flow of the forum as I know everyone here has built Phone Scoop to what it is. A contributor and not a hindrance in the discussions I shall be as well as stay on point to the topic on hand. I do appreciate the candor and constructive criticism received. It is appreciated and taken to heart.

Liar, liar, pants on fire...
crazyeaglefan236

Dec 28, 2008, 1:14 AM
Nah, a real sqeaky wheel gets effin replaced.
yoboy8

Dec 28, 2008, 12:24 PM
๐Ÿ™„ wow , its like a group of kindergartners crying about a toy... LET IT GO!!

๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜

oH AND GO HEELS!!!!!!!!!!!
filerx

Dec 28, 2008, 4:42 PM
Try walking in my shoes for awhile and you'll see why I started this thread.
Burger Time

Dec 28, 2008, 5:03 PM
filerx said:
Try walking in my shoes for awhile and you'll see why I started this thread.

I don't think we wanna walk in your shoes, because that would entail us getting banned and coming back on, getting banned, coming back on, getting banned, coming back on, rinse and repeat.
Rich Brome

Dec 30, 2008, 11:01 AM
Yes, our official policy is that we ban people, not usernames, and those bans are permanent. If someone is banned and comes back, they risk an immediate ban on the new username with no warning.

However we also use our discretion. In this case, you pointed out two users that have been here and participating in a civilized way for almost four months. In setting a tone for the forums, we do try to encourage and reward "good behavior".

When we ban someone, it's because we've given up on that person reforming their negative behavior. If banned user manages to slip under the radar to return, and subsequently establishes a good track record, we may - at our discretion - take that into account when deciding how to handle it.

For the record,...
(continues)
filerx

Dec 30, 2008, 11:47 AM
Thank you Rich for your input and clarification on this thread. It is appreciated. At least you have a way to track individuals through various means on the back end. By the way, cute MySpace picture. ๐Ÿ˜‰

This thread has been closed by a moderator.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.