Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Change to forum quoting

Rich Brome

Dec 14, 2008, 5:47 PM
I recently tweaked the forum functionality so that the "Insert Message Above, Quoted" link will only quote one level deep. In other words, it won't quote quotes; no more nested quotes (by default).

The idea is to keep things as clutter-free as possible. It's something that's bugged me a while, and perhaps other feel the same.

...or perhaps not. I'd love to hear feedback on whether you feel this is an improvement.

Also, please be on the lookout for any bugs in this feature. Please let me know if you notice anything acting strange or not working when using the quoting feature.

Thanks! 🙂
robtheman

Dec 14, 2008, 11:16 PM
...no more pyramids?

☚ī¸
Crapbag

Dec 15, 2008, 12:16 PM
robtheman said:
...no more pyramids?

☚ī¸

☚ī¸
Crapbag

Dec 15, 2008, 12:18 PM
Crapbag said:
You may just have to do it manually.
robtheman

Dec 15, 2008, 12:26 PM
Crapbag said:
robtheman said:
Crapbag said:
Well, that's not as much fun.

😡
Crapbag

Dec 15, 2008, 1:44 PM
Crapbag said:
robtheman said:
Crapbag said:
robtheman said:
And its a lot of work.

IrishCarBomb

Dec 15, 2008, 8:13 PM
I like it! The imbedded quoting got really cluttered and confusing, and besides, anyone that wants to quote a quote and can copy paste, like it used to be done back in the good ol days.
ajlineman

Dec 15, 2008, 11:21 PM
IrishCarBomb said:
I like it! The imbedded quoting got really cluttered and confusing, and besides, anyone that wants to quote a quote and can copy paste, like it used to be done back in the good ol days.

But this way is so much more fun! 😁
IrishCarBomb

Dec 16, 2008, 9:28 AM
ajlineman said:

Yes, this way is fun! What changed is that when I quoted you, it didn't include your quote of me too! If I want that, I can do this...

IrishCarBomb said:
ajlineman said:

ZombieJ

Dec 17, 2008, 2:39 AM
How do you feel about buttons to add the code when required? Not that typing out
is a massive deal or anything... just curious.
Stupid Customer

Dec 17, 2008, 10:26 AM
😡 This is irritating. 😡

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.