Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 19 replies

Suggestion For PS

ajlineman

Nov 11, 2008, 9:39 PM
I know they have to be very time consuming but the in depth reviews on phones are VERY helpful and in a way entertaining. It does get depressing when a phone catches my eye and you guys don't have a review out on it yet. So my suggestion would be (if at all possible) more in depth reviews on phones.
Saint.Patrick

Nov 12, 2008, 1:18 PM
This topic has already been addressed by Rich in his closed thread:
https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »
Rich Brome

Nov 12, 2008, 2:44 PM
That was from 2003, before we did any real reviews at all. Now we do.
Rich Brome

Nov 12, 2008, 2:43 PM
We do what we can with the staff we have. Certainly we plan to grow and hire more reviewers, but until then, the only other options is to skimp on each review just to crank out more, lower-quality reviews. I don't plan to do that.

Thanks for the feedback. It's always appreciated.
ajlineman

Nov 12, 2008, 6:40 PM
lol oh no don't misunderstand me... a lower quality of review isn't desireable at all. I'm just entertained... I like the semi-unbiased views and details explanation of personal usage that comes with the reviews.
Saint.Patrick

Nov 12, 2008, 7:03 PM
Consumer Reports as well as the JD Power Reports are also good for unbiased comparison purposes.
Guy Montag

Nov 12, 2008, 9:38 PM
JD Power Reports are a what hot now IMO more than a credible source of information. How else do you explain MVOs getting better service than the company they piggy back?
ajlineman

Nov 28, 2008, 3:19 PM
JD Power got blocked at my work and they don't like it when I use my Proxy Servers... 👀
And I havn't heard of a site focusing on consumer reports. are you talking about comments on sites like PS and JD?
Rich Brome

Nov 28, 2008, 3:48 PM
ajlineman said:
And I havn't heard of a site focusing on consumer reports.

He meant:

http://www.consumerreports.org/ »
ajlineman

Nov 28, 2008, 7:23 PM
LOL> Well aren't I dumb. Thanks, I'll check it out too.
ElTriste

Nov 12, 2008, 10:44 PM
How do you hire your reviewers? I'd love to do some freelance work 😁
Jayshmay

Nov 19, 2008, 7:08 AM
A question did pop into my mind recently about reviews. Do you review unlocked/unbranded handsets, that are unfortunatly way, way too good for U.S. carriers? Or only handsets that are "approved" by U.S. network operators?

I'm speaking specificly of the Nokia N96, the one with 850/1900mhz bands. I am a current owner of the N95-3.

And am very, very dissapointed the N96 doesn't have a VGA display and 7.2 HSDPA/1.8 HSUPA.
ajlineman

Nov 13, 2008, 3:46 PM
Do you have any way we can submit request for the next "IN DEPTH REVIEW"? I'd like to know more about the LG VU and AT&T is promoting it BIG as an easy replacement for the iPhone that doesn't require the $30 a month data charge... so I'm guessing I'm not the only one.
Stupid Customer

Nov 13, 2008, 3:56 PM
What happened to the reviews being checked for grammar and punctuation?
ajlineman

Nov 13, 2008, 6:38 PM
Are you serious right now? I think your name is pretty fitting... based on this post alone. These guys are going out of their way to provide you with free entertainment, reviews, forums and other, once again, FREE services and your going to complain about the way their doing it? Ya know... if you want a site that focus their time on checking "grammar and punctuation" make it yourself, I think these guys are doin just fine.
You discust me.
JesusSaves

Nov 21, 2008, 10:12 AM
Uh...that should have been disgust. 🤣 J/k
Rich Brome

Nov 14, 2008, 2:43 AM
We try. If there are typos, please let us know. We do pride ourselves in our work, but of course we're not perfect.

Each In Depth phone review is proofread, reviewed and edited as least once by someone other than the author before it's published. It's not easy to catch every typo every time, especially as long as our reviews are, but we do try.

Again, if you find a mistake, please let us know. On the "Contact Us" page, there's a link for "I'd like to report an error or ommission in the content of this web site." That's exactly what it's for! 🙂 We want to hear about it so we can fix it, because although we'rte not perfect, we do make every effort to publish good content.
Rich Brome

Nov 14, 2008, 2:47 AM
...Each In Depth phone review is proofread, reviewed and edited at least once...

My forum posts, however, are not proofread before publishing. 😉 ...especially when when I'll still working at almost 3am.
Saint.Patrick

Nov 29, 2008, 3:18 PM
That's when you double fist the Red Bull!
ZombieJ

Dec 1, 2008, 2:48 PM
You may want to check out the Canada forum. I think there is a thread you want to report.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.