Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Suggestion for Phone Finder

Breeze

Feb 7, 2005, 9:19 AM
I'm in my car soo much (75Kmi/yr)!! One option that does not appear on Phone finder is a professionally installed hands free cradle. This cradle allows you to charge the phone, use a hands free mic, aux speaker, and MOST importantly connect to an external antenna. The use of a external antenna makes a HUGE difference in areas with spotty service. It gives you the ability to hold weak signals, reduce the static, and make the caller think you're in your office not the car. This feature combined with bluetooth for the phone, and pda, makes a wicked combinaton.
Rich Brome

Feb 7, 2005, 12:48 PM
Well... that's not really a phone feature. There are all kinds of third-party accessory makers. Just because there isn't a car kit for a specific phone available now, doesn't mean someone won't come out with one in two weeks.

I just keep track of the features that are actually attributes of the phones.
Breeze

Feb 7, 2005, 5:35 PM
Rich,
I agree that an external antenna is not a feature of the phone, but unless the phone has port for an external antenna, there is no way to connect to one.
Rich Brome

Feb 7, 2005, 7:56 PM
The vast majority of phones do have external antenna connectors. Some are more hidden than others, but there are very few phones that lack them completely.
Breeze

Feb 7, 2005, 11:40 PM
Rich,

Actually I think your right. I guess my focus lately has been on pda/phones. I currently have a kyo 7135, and I've been considering a Treo 650, but I can't get a car kit.

I've started to think about "unconverging" so that I could use a v710, T5, and headset all bluetoothed together. At least I know that the v710 can have a car kit.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.