Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 35 replies

Help!!

ErikaMarie

Jun 2, 2008, 9:39 PM
OK, I'm using firefox with Vista, & I'm not having problems on any other website...

If PS does let me log in, when I hit New Thread, it says "You are currently logged in as ErikaMarie" & won't let me post. If I try to reply, it asks me to log in over & over. Or sometimes, it won't let me log in at all.

Now, I do it like 20x, I might be able to get through... like just now. But in a few minutes, it will log me out & the process will start all over again.

😢 😢 😢

What's wrong?!
vzw-csr21

Jun 2, 2008, 9:56 PM
Did u try and clear your cookies and cache?
ErikaMarie

Jun 3, 2008, 7:45 AM
I'm at work now, on IE & I'm not having the problem here... so maybe it is me.

ugh... but I have no clue why. I guess I'll just go through the same rigmarole today.
speedywalk

Jun 3, 2008, 8:02 AM
I had this happen once, I thought it was an issue with the browser. I had to open Phonescoop in one tab, then log in with a second tab and it worked.

Have you updated your version of Firefox to the newest yet? I'm using it and haven't had NEAR the issues I was experiencing.

Speedywalk
"It ain't broke, it just needs duct tape!"
ErikaMarie

Jun 3, 2008, 8:07 AM
I swapped out the hard drive...

Boy, was that a pain in the ass... Vista does not like to be loaded. Even the technician couldn't figure out what was wrong, & I was the one who ended up fixing it. I loaded an Intel driver that was somehow required before I loaded Vista & it finally worked.
speedywalk

Jun 3, 2008, 8:11 AM
Switch to Opera! It's a VERY nice browser.

Speedywalk
ErikaMarie

Jun 3, 2008, 8:12 AM
but I like firefox.
speedywalk

Jun 3, 2008, 8:16 AM
It's just about the same thing as Firefox...

Granted, you may not get some of your plugins like you have now...

I have no other complaints about it other than that.

Is your Firefox version 2.0.0.14?

Speedywalk
ErikaMarie

Jun 3, 2008, 8:28 AM
So, I would assume it's the latest version.
speedywalk

Jun 3, 2008, 8:33 AM
I updated to 2.0.0.14 when it came out and had weird problems with the site (and a handful of others).

I had to roll my version back to my previous version. I'm using v 2.0.0.13 right now.
http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/3940/ »
Click on "download this version" in the top right. Make sure you uninstall your current version first!

Speedywalk
speedywalk

Jun 3, 2008, 8:42 AM
The Firefox 3 Release Candidate 1 Beta. Heard REALLY good things about it. Think I'm getting it tonight.
http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/download/4 ... »

Speedywalk
ErikaMarie

Jun 3, 2008, 9:40 AM
Thanks. 🙂
crackberry

Jun 11, 2008, 9:52 PM
speedywalk said:
The Firefox 3 Release Candidate 1 Beta. Heard REALLY good things about it. Think I'm getting it tonight.
http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/download/4 ... »

Speedywalk

it's a beautiful browser. i really like the drag and drop for ANY link to the book mark folder or bookmark bar.
eljeffe666

Jun 11, 2008, 10:26 PM
thats what i am using not too impressed except with the auto spell check

but there is noting messing up for me
Rich Brome

Jun 3, 2008, 11:05 AM
That definitely sounds like a cookie or cache issue. Something got corrupted. Clearing those should fix it.

If not, it could be something with your router, ISP, or firewall.
ErikaMarie

Jun 5, 2008, 3:18 PM
Twice though, it said that my IP address changed before I could log in or something...
Rich Brome

Jun 5, 2008, 3:40 PM
That's an ISP issue. Are you using AOL perhaps? They're notorious for using a problematic proxy that does that.
poweredup

Jun 5, 2008, 4:13 PM
ARRRG i am going through the same thing 😕 i just wrote a detailed msg of what i was going through and it just got all erased cause it said i had to log in, then went straight to the main screen and i just lost all my work, normally i copy my msg for that same reason but this time i was just going to spell check and it wanted me to log in. i had just always thought it was a sprint thing.but it does get aggravating. and yes i have cleared all cookies and such and it still preforms the same.
ErikaMarie

Jun 5, 2008, 7:55 PM
but I dunn o if that makes me feel better. 😢
ErikaMarie

Jun 5, 2008, 7:54 PM
I've been using them for years... Never had a problem till now.

BTW, here's the exact error:
Oops! Your IP address changed mid-login. You have been re-directed to a dedicated server. You should now be able to log in without incident. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Rich Brome

Jun 5, 2008, 9:20 PM
That should only happen once. Is it fine after you see that message?
crackberry

Jun 5, 2008, 11:45 PM
Rich Brome said:
That should only happen once. Is it fine after you see that message?

come to think of it, that happened to me frequently when I had Charter. I have DSL now and have not seen that message since switching (the same message as erikamarie)
ErikaMarie

Jun 6, 2008, 7:00 AM
However, it happened the other day too.

I just had to try & log in about 10 times before it would let me make this post, though.
ErikaMarie

Jun 7, 2008, 10:33 PM
& I haven't been able to login all day until now.
beeferjay

Jun 9, 2008, 1:16 AM
😁
speedywalk

Jun 6, 2008, 10:04 AM
I've been experienceing random account timeout issues.

I will respond to a post, click into another post and trype in a short response. When I hit 'submit' and the system tells me that my account has been logged out. Fortunately the system keeps my post saved and puts it up when I log back in.

This happens once or twice a day, and it seems to be regardless of post frequency. I know it can't be an IP address issue because I have a static IP.

I just never brought it up because I figured the system was set up to time out after 4 or 6 hours. I don't know if it's related or not, but I thought I would throw it out there too.

Speedywalk
motoguy75

Jun 8, 2008, 3:25 PM
i have that prob, i just go to www2.phonescoop.com instead
ZombieJ

Jun 8, 2008, 8:29 PM
I don't know if I was ignorant of them to date but those adds that now drop down when you hover your mouse over them are pure fail. Firefox on both my laptop and desktop just collapses whenever I try to view this site. As of now I have to use IE 7, though I considered using IE 6 just to piss people off... you know who you are.

I hate those adds... even if it's not the root of my imploding web browser I still find them invasive.
Rich Brome

Jun 8, 2008, 10:16 PM
Hmm... I haven't see anything like that recently. 😕

What company are the ads for?

If you're not in the US, what country are you located in?
ZombieJ

Jun 9, 2008, 3:25 AM
Canada, and it was the banner ad... I'm not sure which company though. It's gone now but if I notice it again I'll make a note.
Rich Brome

Jun 9, 2008, 9:31 AM
Okay. We rec'd one email about ads running in Canada as well. Could they have been Bell ads? I inquired with our ad company. If they haven't stopped already, they should soon.

Please don't hesitate to give us feedback like that. In this case, I had no idea that was going on. Our ad company handles all of that; we don't actually approve individual ad campaigns (there are too many and they change too rapidly.) Plus, for ads that are geo-targeted to Canada, we never see them here in the US.

Of course we rely on ads to pay the bills, but we refuse to run any of the more obnoxious ad types. We dislike them as much as you do. And this may have been a case of an ad misbehaving... I'm not sure.

Anyway, sorry for the hassle! Thank you for le...
(continues)
Rich Brome

Jun 11, 2008, 6:35 PM
This is not an easy issue to address, but I may have found a solution. Stay tuned!
Rich Brome

Jun 11, 2008, 7:55 PM
We just made a change to the server architecture that may fix this issue.

Please see if login issues have been fixed now and let me know in this thread.

Thanks!
Rich Brome

Jun 11, 2008, 7:58 PM
Please make sure you are using "www.phonescoop.com" and not www1, etc. Thanks!
SprintTechMN

Jun 11, 2008, 8:48 PM
I haven't had a problem.
poweredup

Jun 11, 2008, 8:52 PM
i will definitely let you know tomorrow, it only happens at work where they use IE, at home i never had a problem with it. i use firefox at home btw.

now lets test out this "big" txt 😁

FIREFOX FTW!!!

nice 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.