Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 8 replies

An Idea...

HeroPsychoDreamer

Jan 25, 2005, 12:03 PM
I think that it would be cool and informative if under each carriers profile people could look at the coverage map of that carrier. It seems like alot of people come here for feedback on carriers and phones and so forth, it's just another resource to help them along their path for choosing a carrier that suits them best. It's just an idea, call it a dumb one if you want, I just think it'd be helpful to some.

-Art
pizpiz80

Jan 25, 2005, 12:09 PM
I already suggested this. The answer was no.
HeroPsychoDreamer

Jan 25, 2005, 12:11 PM
Oh, okay. I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know.
pizpiz80

Jan 25, 2005, 12:11 PM
pizpiz80 said:
I was wondering if it was possible to put the carriers separate coverage maps on this site as well. Possibly interactive as well. The location i currently work at is limited to Verizonwireless.com and Phonescoop.com. So it would be valuable to me to be able to see each separate carriers map. Links to the carriers website are great but in my situation im unable to view them.
Thanks for the quick responses,
Paul

Rich Brome said:
I've thought a lot about ways to expand the "carriers" section of the site, and something like that would be a natural fit for that.

However, I've made a strategic decision to stay focused more on the phones than the service, at least for now.
(continues)
Rich Brome

Jan 25, 2005, 2:50 PM
Rich Brome said:
I've thought a lot about ways to expand the "carriers" section of the site, and something like that would be a natural fit for that.

However, I've made a strategic decision to stay focused more on the phones than the service, at least for now.

Plus, coverage maps would be very tricky. There are a lot of legal issues - more than you would think. Carriers are very protective of that kind of information.

Thanks for digging this up and posting it. That's pretty much the answer.
pizpiz80

Jan 25, 2005, 3:04 PM
No prob. I just remember posting it, so i thought i'd answer it for ya. 😁
laz305

Feb 3, 2005, 8:07 PM
You guyz should add a brand name forum for fones (Nokia,SonyEriccson ect....)
HeroPsychoDreamer

Feb 3, 2005, 8:33 PM
They do have that. Go under Phones, click on one of the phone makers, and then hit the forum tab.
Rich Brome

Feb 4, 2005, 1:07 AM
...or go to Forums and click the "Manufacturers" tab. You can get to them either way. 🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.