Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 8 replies

New idea.

Foamy

Apr 17, 2008, 2:52 PM
I know you've got a laundry list of improvements to make to the sight but I'd like to offer a suggestion that (as far as I've seen) hasn't been done yet.

On the list of recent posts from a specific user (or just when viewing your own posts) add a little box (right justified) under that post with the following reply (assuming there is one) or maybe even a counter that tells you how many replies to that message there is.

It may not be on the top of the list, or even worth the time it would probably take but I figured I'd toss it out there.
robtheman

Apr 18, 2008, 11:19 PM
I would like to be able to view a poster's posting history. The search capability on this site is less than stellar, and it's really difficult to find any posts if you're looking for them. I spent a really, really long time looking for a post made by speedywalk the other day. When I realized I could search for "duct tape" and pull up most of his posts, I found it relatively quickly. If we could add a "search by user" function or something to the search bar, that would be a big improvement. For me, anyway.
Rich Brome

Apr 19, 2008, 12:48 AM
robtheman said:
I would like to be able to view a poster's posting history. The search capability on this site is less than stellar, and it's really difficult to find any posts if you're looking for them. I spent a really, really long time looking for a post made by speedywalk the other day. When I realized I could search for "duct tape" and pull up most of his posts, I found it relatively quickly...

Just click a user name, then "forum msgs.". Is that what you meant?
robtheman

Apr 19, 2008, 1:54 AM
Yeah, but you can only see the past 40 messages that way. When people post like rabid wolverines on coke in the Lounge, 40 messages can go pretty quickly. If I'm looking for a post from the previous day, it can take a long time to find it if I'm patient enough to use the search function. I usually just give up.
Rich Brome

Apr 20, 2008, 12:10 PM
Gotcha.

That's been suggested before. We could do that. There's no easy way to put a user selection on the existing forum search box, but we could add a search box the user messages page.

I'll work on it.
Rich Brome

Apr 20, 2008, 2:19 PM
I've finished the code for this. Look for it to be launched soon... probably Monday. 🙂
beeferjay

Apr 20, 2008, 6:01 PM
awesome
robtheman

Apr 20, 2008, 8:29 PM
Sweet. Thanks, Rich.
ZombieJ

Apr 19, 2008, 1:47 AM
Being able to view a posters entire posting history would be great.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.