Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 12 replies

site improvements

Rich Brome

Sep 30, 2010, 5:26 PM
We've been making a lot of little changes around the site. I wanted to report the progress, and also ask if anyone has noticed any bugs or glitches with the new code.

We now have new-style Twitter and Facebook buttons for news items and in-depth articles. These make it easy to Tweet and post comments to Facebook about interesting news items and reviews.

We also have Facebook "Like" buttons for phones and companies, so you can Like you favorite phone, carrier and manufacturer, and instantly have that reflected in your Facebook profile. You can optionally share a comment about it with your friends at the same time.

We've also added a much-requested single-page option to the in-depth articles.

Our main RSS feed is also full-content ...
(continues)
wdfichtel

Oct 1, 2010, 9:08 AM
Everything looks good so far! I was also noticing some nice interaction with GetGlue on the individual phone model pages. When did you set that up?
Rich Brome

Oct 1, 2010, 10:40 AM
Huh. Interesting. I didn't do anything to support GetGlue. They must be looking at the Open Graph tags we added for Facebook.
Thefireballkid

Oct 1, 2010, 1:27 PM
Rich Brome said:

The Compare feature now includes processor info when available, another popular request recently.

thank you!
justfinethanku

Oct 1, 2010, 4:00 PM
I wasn't sure if it's just me or not, but the main page is loading in a really awkward way... one news story at a time.

two days ago it was fine, super fast. Today it just seems like it's taking forever to load the entire page.

Started noticing it yesterday afternoon-ish.
justfinethanku

Oct 1, 2010, 4:03 PM
It almost seems like every news article is loading as a seperate page. I'll look at the bottom of my browser it'l say "done" I scroll down and see that it starts loading again, giving me a new story and then "done" again, repeat this about 15 times (or however many articles are on the page)

I also noticed the load times on other pages being reletively slow, but that might just be my connection. however, I've never seen it act like this before.
Rich Brome

Oct 1, 2010, 4:14 PM
Odd. What browser are you using?
justfinethanku

Oct 1, 2010, 5:18 PM
IE

Not sure what version to be honest. Everything (including internet properties) on this computer is restricted. FML.
ATTDRONEV2.5

Oct 1, 2010, 9:25 PM
that means IE 4.2 🤣
Rich Brome

Oct 2, 2010, 11:12 AM
Hmm. That probably means IE 6, which we don't support.
justfinethanku

Oct 2, 2010, 11:25 AM
It was working fine three days ago, did support for any particular browser change this week?
Rich Brome

Oct 2, 2010, 11:27 AM
It sounds like it's choking on the new Facebook code. Facebook doesn't support IE 6, either. Regardless, it's their code, so I couldn't fix it if I wanted to.
Rich Brome

Oct 2, 2010, 11:25 AM
Also, this isn't terribly new, but there have been some tweaks to the Phone Finder recently. You can search for phones with capacitive touch displays, and threaded messaging, plus some other minor tweaks to keep up with the times. There was also a performance issue with that part of the site, that I believe has been fixed.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.