Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 16 replies

bad phone stats

deji

Oct 23, 2007, 11:31 AM
Why do you have wrong information on a phone. I send an email to tell you it was wrong, yet despite countless information across the internet you still insist your info is right?

I could understand a simple mix up, but this is well known information and if people buy a phone expecting a feature you claim it had, and it doesn't, that is not right. Especially when you had every opportunity to change the information before they bought the phone.

I only checked a few phones on this site..who knows what other ones are wrong.

So people..please get your stats from other sites. Or only take the ones from here with a grain of salt.
Rich Brome

Oct 23, 2007, 6:57 PM
We try very hard to make our specs as accurate as possible. We read all corrections sent to us and look into each one. If we haven't made the change, it's most likely because we have specific info that we based our specs on from a reliable source. We have close relationships with most of the manufacturers that allows us better info than many other sites have.
Lapdog

Oct 23, 2007, 6:59 PM
why deji didn't want to share with the rest of us examples of "errors"...
deji

Oct 23, 2007, 8:07 PM
Sure. Nokia 81. Bad stats.
robtheman

Oct 23, 2007, 8:32 PM
Such as?
Guy Montag

Oct 23, 2007, 9:31 PM
The stats seem pretty typical, what doesn't it offer that they "falsely" give it claim to having?
ralph_on_me

Oct 24, 2007, 10:03 AM
I think you missed this part on the N81 page.

This phone has not been released yet. All specifications and features are preliminary and subject to change.
deji

Oct 24, 2007, 10:29 AM
Well, that's an additional error because the phone has been released.
ralph_on_me

Oct 24, 2007, 10:50 AM
I think you've just outed him as a troll.
deji

Oct 24, 2007, 12:53 PM
A troll? If anyone is trolling it is you. I came here to correct info and warn others. You just posted pointless info.

I tried to correct it through an email some time ago and was ignored. Why would I let others trust bad stats. I did the 2 things possible to warn them. Posted in the phone thread, and posted here to warn other to be careful about stats.
ralph_on_me

Oct 24, 2007, 12:57 PM
My pointless info was pointing out that you haven't provided any information. Your complaint is about one phone that hasn't even been released yet. My post was meant to warn people to be careful about listening to you.
Lapdog

Oct 24, 2007, 12:59 PM
deji said:
I did the 2 things possible to warn them. Posted in the phone thread, and posted here to warn other to be careful about stats.

I guess we should all appreciate the fact that you've now "warned" us about a non-released handset.

Consider us warned...
Rich Brome

Oct 24, 2007, 4:36 PM
It was in reference to the N81 having an auto-focus camera.

Before we ever posted specs on that phone, we researched and verified every spec (as we try our best to do with every phone.) A Nokia spokesperson specifically told us the N81 had an auto-focus camera.

"deji" emailed us about it, saying it was not auto-focus. We replied, explaining our source for the info that it was auto-focus.

"deji" then pointed us to some reviews that appeared to demonstrate that it was not auto-focus. We asked Nokia to confirm - again - whether it was auto-focus or not. As soon as Nokia got back to us and said they had made a mistake, we corrected our specs to show that, in fact, the N81 does NOT have an auto-focus camera.

We take the accuracy of ou...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Oct 24, 2007, 4:40 PM
Your disclaimer about any features being preliminary on an unreleased phone is more than enough. We all know manufacturers will continue to work on and improve things until the actual release of the equipment.
ErikaMarie

Nov 6, 2007, 11:26 PM
This forum is industry standard. There's nothing else like it that I know of.
robtheman

Nov 7, 2007, 12:04 AM
phonearena.com is also pretty good.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.