A few questions about MetroPCS's RAZR V3c - please help!
1. Most critical question - can the phone be charged (with car charger OR house charger) while being used?
[This may seem like a silly question but I've been SUFFERING with my Kyocera Slider since day 1...for 2.5 years - the battery is DRAINED when talking on the phone even when it's plugged to the A/C charger.]
2. Can I upload some custom-made MP3's from my PC to the phone (via bluetooth/USB) and then assign different MP3's as ringtones for different people? So when Dad calls, it'll say in his voice "hello son", when friend calls it'll say "WASSUPPPP" etc? Possible? My worry is that ...
1. I reccommend that you do not charge and talk on your phone. I don't know if this is possible or not with the Razr, I just know that it's not supposed to be good for any battery to charge it unless it's needed. I personally just talk until it needs to be charged, but I'm sure you can talk and charge if you want 😉
2. You can make/create your own ringtones using a program called "Motorola Phone Tools".
It takes any songs you have on your PC/CD's and crops them any way you want 😁
You can also make wallpapers and other customizations. You can purchase it on Motorola.com or any other cell accesories site.
3. I have no complaints abo...
1. I don't think batteries have that problem you mentioned any more. They USED to have "memory" but now you can safely charge your phone/camera/laptop after using just 10% of the battery without worry. All batteries start messing up after a year or two from my experience, so the plan is to get an additional battery with the phone for backup and for extending that time until they die. I really hope the phone does charge while being used or else it'd be a deal breaker for me ☹️
2. Beautiful. I see some nice Motorola Phone Tools offerings on eMule to check out hehehe. Is the mini-USB the standard tiny plug in digital cameras or do you need a special USB cable for this phone?
3. It's gotta last 2 hours minimum for me. We'll...
My logic also tells me that if I only use 10% of battery, charge it to 100%, then again same thing like 50 times, the battery will be in a better condition than if I used 90% and charged to 100% for 50 times.
Unless I'm dead wrong in my understanding of how modern batteries work!
i used it while it was chargingthe phone's status "Charge Complete" appeared on the screen and failed to disapear when i dcd the charger.
I took it back to Metro PCS They told me that my phone was defective.
So yes it is usable while being charged. Was my phone's defect a fluke, or rather yet another common bug?
I'd rather not allocate more resources to finding out.
Hope this helps.