AT&T Refreshes Data Plans, Adds iPhone Tethering
Dan Heese must be just beaming right now
Minimum: $55 (450 mins, 200MB)
Average: $75 (450 mins, unlimited text, 200MB)
Max: $115 (unlimited mins, unlimited text, 2GB)
Minimum: $80 (450 mins, unlimited text/data)
Average: $80 (see above)
Max: $110 (unlimited everything)
So, ignoring the phones, since I don't want this to turn into an iPhone vs Android thread, wh...
2) The 4G Network right now is horrible.
3) Battery Life on 4G is so bad they advise you to keep it off.
4) There's a lot of factors at play here.
If you're tethering, Sprint charges $30.00 more per month, with $10.00 more for 4G Access. That's on top of the $30.00 data plan.
So you're paying $70.00/month to tether with a 5GB Limit on 3G. If you live most places, you're stuck with that 5GB Limit. That brings it on par with AT&T's prices, believe it or not. You save money if you're only using about 3GB on AT&T, however you pull ahead if you're using 5GB on Sprint.
The difference, however, is if you plan on using 6GB over 3G, which AT&T charges $10.00 per GB compared t...
The 10 fee gives you unlimited data - on 3G AND 4G.
I repeat N O data cap with the extra 10/month.
So adding another 30 for tethering... with unlimited data usage for tethering - NOT 5GB for tethering...
That really puts Sprints offering in league of it's own with regards to tethering, not to mention it's normal exceptional value.
Sprint 450min/text/data/gps/music/video/unlimited tethering - 110/month
AT&T/Verizon 450min/text/data/5gb tethering 120.
10 more with A LOT less value.
Granted that is before the new data plans... which I am too lazy to plan out. I can see the xtra options as both good and bad tho honestly...
but pissing and moaning about the...
If someone can find otherwise, post the link!
Show me someone who has went over the limit and has paid more?
Oh wait... the phones aren't even OUT so you are talking about old plans. Old phones. Old TOS.
This discussion is about the E V O. The *ONLY* 4G phone out. The *ONLY* phone on the 4G plan.
The *ONLY* phone to be on this particular plan makes it real hard for you to complain about people getting in trouble for a data cap which doesn't exist... and problems that haven't occured.
Link us the pertinent spot in the TOS - for the Evo - that says they'll be in trouble for going over 5GB on the phone? On the phone with tethering?
Without proof, you are simply barfing up old news and old talking points.
1) Sprint's 3G is still in more place than AT&T, and even on the 3G the EVO is the fastest phone i've ever used. (yes i have an EVO)
2) Just completely false. I consistently get 2.5 - 3.5 Mbps on my 4G EVO. And have on more than one occasion gotten 4 - 6 Mbps.
3) I leave my 4G, Wi-fi, and live background on. And have no problems getting through the day.
4) There are no limits on phones, 3G or 4G. So adding in $10 for 4G on a $70 plan is only $80...which is still 20 to 30 cheaper than a verizon or at&t plan for the same features. Also the $30 tether feature is optional, you can add and remove it at will, and its still half the cost of a connection card plan with ...
2) I've only used CLEAR's network in Chicago and Charlotte, and in both cases I got about 1-2mbps at best, and in most places I used it it didn't pull in a decent signal. Reviews from Engadget and The Wall Street Journal echo this.
3) Sprint's TOS still caps 3G usage at 5GB. I've got the literature in front of me. If someone can find an official press release that isn't asterisked by Sprint then great.
Data Usage Limitation (Mobile Broadband Cards, USB Modems, Embedded Modems and Phone-As-Modem):The amount of data transmitted over our network is measured in kilobytes (KB), megabytes (MB) or gigabytes (GB). Sprint reserves the right to limit throughput speeds or amount of data transferred; and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if usage either exceeds (a.) 5GB/month in total, unless specified otherwise or (b.) 300MB/month while off-network roaming. 1024KB equal 1MB. 1024MB equal 1GB.
Data Cap mentioned for *Drum Roll* Data Tethering/Air Cards.
Show me in that TOS where it says 5GB is excessive?
The *ONLY* 5GB I...
This forum is closed.