HTC TyTN / 8525 / JasJam (Hermes)
do not buy..
do not buy this phone i had it for three days and i chucked it. i could not stand having it its really slow and i do not recomend it.
-wifi is really slow no matter what anyone else says
-in conclution i do not like this phone at all
and oh ya batter life suks
1) IE5 BROWSER -- its fantastic. even in EDGE it doesnt feel much slower compared to 3G
2) SCROLL WHEEL -- its about the only thing that makes this phone remotely one-handed
3) CAMERA -- good, but not exactly earthshattering quality
4) SCREEN -- among the best iver seen
1) TERRIBLE ONE-HANDED OPERATION -- if you plan on using one hand, plan on buying a different phone
2) PHOTO CALLER ID -- its horrendously small (photo contacts pro is not easy to figure out)
3) BATTERY LIFE -- truly and utterly pathetic (and im rarely in 3G or using bluetooth or wi-fi)
4) KEYBOARD -- i thought it was gunna be amazing but it was no faster/better than the 650. i found it harder to find accent keys and remember where they were
5) PHONE RUNS SLOOOWWWW -- if you dont manuever your way into the system settings and close all the programs manually, youll feel the lag. even though you "X" out of them, theyre still running
6) ACCIDENTAL HITS -- a LOT of buttons get hit accidently. i rest the phone in my cupholder when driving and it CONSTANTLY keeps turning the camera on (the camera button is on the lower right side of the phone). i always hit the side buttons accidently (i have big hands)
7) NO THREADED SMS -- i didnt think was gunna a prob but even my 650 had it and man do i miss it
8) DIALING A NUMBER -- impossible to do when driving in your car. dont even bother trying
9) SEARCHING CONTACTS -- good luck doin this one-handed
10) STYLUS -- pathetically small and flimsy. i have big hands and i cant grip this to save my life
i really really wanted to like this phone. i looked at MANY reviews and all looked well, but i just cant get used to this phone. i useda 650 for a lil over a year and LOVED its simplicity like a cell phone, but marveled how it did more than any other phone ive ever used. but the 8525 comes up short for someone who wants more than a phone, but less than a full PDA
i dunno....your mileage may vary
Did not fit the build
Phone would not perform as expected , had problems with on board software ,
Pros: Excellent features - wifi,bt,3G, full keyboard, great screen and it had a nice feel in your hand, easy sync.
Cons: wifi had the range of bluetooth.
The phone had to be rebooted to get a signal several times.
On board software had issues
wifi (limited range) I kept getting popups indicating my WEP key was invalid and had to reenter it.
Over all a big disappointment