Motorola ROKR E2
Awesome, more or less
I'd been waiting for this phone for a long long time and finally resorted to buying it on eBay. Started using it yesterday.
* SD card slot, 3.5mm headset jack, mini-USB port, mounts as a mass storage device--all wonderful
* Camera is no Sony but still pretty good
* Great screen
* Software is pretty intuitive
* Supposedly supports 4gb SD cards (I'll find out tomorrow)
* Keyboard is plasticky, flat, and high-effort. You have to be careful to not press the wrong keys. It's a pain.
* Software is super slow. Takes 1-2 seconds between screens. Takes 3-4 seconds to start the MP3 player, picture viewer, etc.
* MP3 experience is kinda crappy. It's an "app" instead of a "mode." The app is easy to quit inadvertently and it doesn't remember its state when you restart it. The menu to index new songs is basically hidden.
* No built-in camera lens cover, even though IMO it's nice enough to want to protect.
* The software has some bugs and rough edges. Sometimes there's no way to get out of a screen other than to press "hang up." The battery can read 100% full and then completely die 2 minutes later.
Basically, it's the only phone with this awesome feature set, so I like it. But it's too bad it has the problems I mentioned.
-Mp3 player is awesome
-Earpiece is loud and clear
-Screen is great
-UI is excellent,way to go Motorola!
-Phonebook is nearly ideal
-Battery life is good (charge last 2-3 days with use of Mp3 function and normal talk usuage)
- Wireless headset enabled!!
-NOT Quad band!
-Only 1.3 mega pixel camera (not a deal breaker)
-Ringing volume could be louder
I really love this phone. The UI is such a great improvment over the old one for Motorola. There is alomst no lag when playing music and using other phone functions. Call quality is great. Mp3 player is great, and with a 500 song capicity, I only carry my phone now. Only thing that would make this phone better if it was quad band, but maybe that can be motified...? Would have been a 4.5 if it was quad band
I love this phone! If you are up to modding there are several different ways of customizing this phone. Although there are no current U.S. carriers that have this phone, it is compatible with most that use sim cards. EDGE activation thru seem edits is fairly easy, plus different firmwares offer faster menus and more options. This phone is defeinitely worth the money!