HTC SP3i / SDA (Europe) (Feeler)
I don't like gimmicks, and this phone has none. No swiveling, sliding, flipping, double-screen crap. Just simple, easy to use, full-featured functionality:
Tiny, candy-bar form factor
Full sync with outlook for all contact information
Joystick controller for games
Great games, and plenty of them. I have chess, tetris, and a couple of car racing games.
I bought a 512 mb MiniSD card, and I am carrying about 100 songs, 200 documents, 4 books, and hundreds of pics and video clips.
Lots of people have offered to buy it or asked me about the phone after I use it to show them a video clip, picture, look up info, or do something cool. By itself, it is very unobtrusive and discreet. But it's still very classy looking, and tiny.
All in all, I love it.
Features I would like in future editions:
- Bluetooth connectivity to PC for file transfer, data sync
- Bluetooth connectivity to GPS devices so it can become a SatNav unit
-Slightly bigger/thicker form factor if that allows it to have a fairly large flip out screen for navigation/web-surfing.
- Longer battery life (always)!
- Megapixel camera
- Slot for media card should be above battery, so you don't need to kill power to exchange the media cards
- Programs stay active, kill them with special "appletâ--you can download better applet though.
- Plastic will scratch easily. I keep keys, change in other pocket, so it is like new.
- No data sync with Bluetooth. For headsets only.
- Charging cable is USB, but not industry-standard. You have to buy the replacements from HTC.
- No flash, camera useless in low-light.
- It does not import "notes" from Outlook. I really use them to keep a lot of info and lists...but it's not a big deal. I exported my notes to text files, saved them as HTML using Word, and copied them over to the phone. Now I can browse them using the browser.
- Not a big deal for me, but some people might need quad band.
-Tri-band only, no quad.
What a great Device....5 stars!!! I-Mate SP3i
I-Mate SP3i ! ! ! ! !
I think this device passing a lot of its competitors, by a long shot. It has everything you need..which are the main three right now.
I have used many phones, and most of them went back to wherever I got them from within a week or so. But I must tell you this one is a keeper, it is going to set you back a little bit...but it is worth it in the end. First of all, it is not released in the US yet....so you won't see a lot of people walking around with it. I love having things that are new on the market. It is so small, you would not think it has everything that my Ipaq 6315 has...and more. One BIG PLUS...you can make calls from you wireless headset, making i completely wireless. You will love that part of the phone, I think it is a great feature. imate.com also has free downloads when you register your device with them. (imateclub.com) I think that if you need a smartphone, this is the one to get. It is very light weight...and small. It is loaded with software, and games are in 3D, you will love it! I am using the phone on T-Mobile network and it is flawless here. There are not a lot of things I do not like, well...only one.
It uses MiniSD cards, I do not like them. There are not a lot to chose from. I could only find 64, 128, and 256...no 512. Unless I have not search all over the whole world...ahhaahah.
The speaker on this phone is loud; when ou are in a call, you will hear crystal clear; the bluetooth is great; no calls dropped; no freezing up; absolutely no problems at this point with the phone; the internet explorer works so good, you would think you were on your home computer. I must say you will be truly amazed at what this phone can do, it is a must have for small business owners like myself.
Nice little full featured Smartphone
Nice little phone, I've had 3 iterations of this phone now, over the years.
The SDA, the SP3 and the SP3i. All very similar although the SP3 has the oddest joystick of all of them. I prefer the little knob on the SP3i and SDA.
It does everything pretty well, quad band, smart phone, email syncing, very small, decent little camera, etc.
The cons would be the joystick on the SP3 but other than that, there really isn't much to complain about.
Very nice phone.
This phones is awesome. I think it looks better than the SP3/SPV C500 and has a better key layout. I wish T-Mobile US offered it.
bad phone dont buy