Pros: Great Features, Camera , Microsoft Office
S60 Os , Usb connectivity,Blouetooth, Flashlite.
Great Phone and you can download a mp3 application to allow u to play mp3 format music. Also if u wan headphones for this phone by a 3.5mm-2,5mm Headphone jack converter.Good Overall phone and can be picked up cheap.
Cons: A lilttle Slow and Avg Battery Life
Overall Great Phone.
Good Phone, if you know how to tweak it
I just purchased this phone from ebay a couple of days ago...
Most phones out there now basically have everything in them, no matter what manufactue you buy from, if the phone starts out priced at $800, then it's gonna have the standard features (camera, bluetooth, infrared, etc.) What really caught my attention is the appearance. This clamshell is very slim and the front cover layout is very nice, with the speaker on the top cover, as opposed to the bottom of the phone.
- high resolution
- Loud Ringing : good when i'm on the bus
- Many apps and themes
- Comes with USB cable and connection software: for allthe other phones i've purchased, i've had to search endlessly for cables, correct usb drivers and software, not to mention configuring the COM ports..)
- Loud 'click' when opening or closing the clamshell: yeah very good tactile feedback
- flashlight: you can turn this on/off whenever you like.. good for pictures and finding your way
- symbian OS: good for customization, installation and hacks
- themes: nice!
- no mp3s for ringtones: i looked very hard for some way around it, the only way is to download wmaPlus, which will install a wma codec onto the phone, and then all you wma files will be recognized when you go to select a ringtone. (you can download any mp3 to wma convertor software, quality is the same)
- cannot change the wallpaper for the external display: i guess the developers totally neglected this area
- video and pictures are choppy: the frame rate of the camera application is low, making the motion choppy. (download a better camera/video application)
- miniSD card can only address up to 256 MB of data: Don't be fooled into buying a 2GB miniSD card! the max it can take is a 256MB miniSD card, period.
overall it's an excellent phone, you just have to do a little bit of internet surfing to find out how to tweak it to overcome it's shortcomings!
Advertisements reviews continues below...
It should have been a great phone!
Long story short I bought the phone new on ebay. After reading great reviews about it. Well sad to say, I either bought the lemon.
Pros - small profile
- bright display
- awesome software
- symbian 60
Cons - battery life is almost non-existant
- bought an extra battery and it doesn't last either
- loses one-key numbers all the time
- bluetooth is inconsistent
like i said, i may have just bought the lemon
All of the phones i have ever had were samsungs. They are a bit limited on features but i loved the bright colors of the screen and menus. This panasonic is the same way about having an eye candy screen but is packed with features. I have had my panasonic x700 for about 2 weeks and its awesome. The symbian series 60 operating system is so creative i never get tired of customizing the folders and how the menu is set up. Flashlight is cool. Camera and video can be a bit blurry sometimes but i dont use them too often so it doesnt bother me. Voice dial works pretty good, although sometimes it works better if you talk with a british accent since it is a european phone. Sorry the only computer i have is at work so i havnt played around with the phone's office tools. This phone would be perfect if it had a radio and an mp3 player.
-Big colorful screen and menus
-Customizable themes and shortcuts
-To do list is always useful
-Easy to use text to t9 button
-RealOne player is awesome
-No radio or mp3 player