Motorola Moto Z2 Play
Phone Scoop Review
Jul 12, 2017 by Eric M. Zeman
Motorola's latest Android smartphone is the mid-range and highly-capable Moto Z2 Play. This winsome handset may not stay strictly true to the original, but it is compatible with all of Motorola's Moto Mods accessories and still brings plenty to the table. Here is Phone Scoop's in-depth review of the Moto Z2 Play for Verizon Wireless. read review ›
hide detailed ratings
I just upgraded from the Moto G4 Plus to the Moto Z2 Play, and I can say that there is a huge difference between the two phones, and the Z2 play is a true upgrade from the G series. The G series phones seem to have lower build quality, and more plastics. This Z2 play is a full metal body, very clean design, and very light.
- Great battery life (3000 mAh)
- bright, vibrant AMOLED screen (5.5 inch)
- fast processor (snapdragon 626 @ 2.2 ghz)
- beautiful design and feels good in your hand
- high quality camera with front-facing flash
- expandable memory
- Less battery life than the Moto Z Play
- some people might not light the exposed moto mod contacts on the back
- does not hold signal as well as my previous G4 Plus
The only complaint that I would have is the signal, which seems to not be as good as my moto G4 plus. I live in the middle of nowhere in Canada (between Kingston and Ottawa in ontario), and my service provider is Virgin Mobile (Bell). Signal often drops from LTE to H+, but the Z2 play doesn't seem to hold the LTE signal as well, and I had no service in one place that the G4 plus did have service. This may be attributed to the metal design.