Simple. yet useful
So coming from every other phone imaginable, every Blackberry, iPhone, RAZRs everything, this is a solid phone. Ringtones are at an acceptable volume, earpiece too. The iPhone is LOWER ringing and ear volume than this. the keyboard is solid, doesn't feel flimsy. The color scheme could of been black silver, or blue silver. But lime is ok for me, it matches perfectly with my xbox!
external media memory slot
acceptable ring/earpiece volume
crisp screen, not cheap like other samsungs
battery life is sub par, but if you just call/text, its cool
Auto power on alarm settings, big plus!
if you have used the samsung trace before, you have seen this OS.
keyboard is fun to use and intuitive
the email is alright, its like, load all the email, pick one, and download it. takes a min or so. blackberry email is far superior if thats your thing.
color themes are pink/black or pink/white, thats it!
i wish the camera was a bit better, but for the price, its average.
that idiotic samsung proprietary jack for power and earphones. WHY SAMSUNG, nobody likes this.
Over all, this is a good phone for the average user who wants a blackberry feel but an average guy phone.
excellent voice quality
I personally did not like this phone very much at all, but that does not take away from the quality of the device. The T-349 is a pretty good phone, and it's available for a reasonable $99.
1. The best sound quality i've gotten out of a T-Mobile phone. Reception was slightly above average.
2. Nice size screen, vibrant colors and crystal clear images.
3. Menu is a breeze to use.
4. E-mail client works pretty well, its plenty good enough for 95% of the population. Plus, T-Mobile doesn't charge you internet usage for it, they deduct it from your message bundle.
5. For 2G, internet was quick and responsive over EDGE.
1. Battery life tanks drastically with frequent messaging and/or internet usage.
2. Speakerphone volume was quite low. Not much higher than the highest earpiece setting.
3. This was a personal issue for me: the keypad was very unpleasant to use. It's too stiff and too ridgid to text quickly. Predictive texting was even worse; it doesn't give you "common sense" words at the top of it's list, which was a nightmare. The half qwerty design wasn't an issue; it takes a day or two to get used to it. But the keypad and predictive text was a real pain in my opinion.
Despite the issues that I had with the keypad, overall the T-349 is a very good phone. It gets good reception, has excellent call quality, comes with a few extras (like email) and is very easy to use. For heavy texters, i'd fool with a test model first before purchasing. It might be just me that had trouble with the keypad. Nonetheless, solid device.
Advertisements reviews continues below...
So I got this phone because I was waiting on another phone to arrive. Its a good but not great messaging phone. With a 20 Keypad Keyboard to be compared to the Blackberry Pearl. All the features on this phone is completely identical to the Samsung Gravity. With everything including the Camera 1.3 megapixel a like. So I bought this phone as a back up as a prepaid and just popped in my regular sim card and used it as a regular phone.
Let me tell you, when I got my replacement phone, which is the Samsung Gravity, I was having a hard time choosing which to keep.
Here is why...
It is slim and sleek
Huge 2.2" Screen Display, Very clear and bright.
Superior call quality. Incredibly clear and crisp.
Great reception with not a drop call anywhere.
Has FREE email access and IM.
20 Keypad keyboard, Like the BB PEARL
1.3 Megapixel Camera/Video Recorder
Battery life can improve. I only get most of the days worth. If you use the phone starting at 8am and talk and text all day by 6pm you have about 2-3 bars left on the battery and by 8-9pm you have 1 left or needs recharge depending how much you have used the phone, So you get one days worth.
Still pretty good though, You have a car charger and your good to go. Super fast charging, you dont have to wait forever (on the plus side)
But overall a great phone to have and I definitely recommend it.
This phone sells as prepaid for $99 and you can use it as a regular post paid phone by inserting your sim card.
Not bad. Upon opening the box I felt the battery is a little small for this device. Battery life is weak in the first 24 hrs. Calling has been good. SMS, and email are flawless. Signal could be a little better, but am not having a problem connecting. Give it a try I think you'll like this over the blackberry use if you don't need all the bells and whistles.