i don't really like this phone because it is ugly and i hate it
I really like it.
I got this phone from verizon, for free.
It's really a great phone. It's the perfect size, for me, passed the "pocket test", and has great buttons.
The VZW menu system is there, but, you can change is as you want, they have 3 really nice choices.
Great for texting. ( I do about 5000 a month)
I really like the screens
Looks more expensive than it is.
Seams VERY tough.
Camera is not Tooo bad.
Battery could use a little help. (Turning the brightness down all the way makes a HUGH difference)
Darn voice command can go off at any time.
I love it. Get it. =]]
Advertisements reviews continues below...
Great phones with all the frills!
Just want to put my 2 cents in for someone who might be interested in this phone. I have mine for about 2 weeks and here are what I found:
1) Soft rubber(?) case, very comfortable to hold and is not fingerprint magnet!!
2) Call quality is great, loud and clear - isn't that why we have a phone in the first place?! Reception is very good, no drop call. Speakerphone works fine, very loud and easily enable via pressing the side button.
3) The keypad is very nice, keys are responsive and have a good feel. The unit is well design, look and feel more expensive, very attractive and with its rubber case, I feel it can take drop or two without breaking.
4) Very light-weight and easy on the pocket (both carry and price!)
5) The internal display is very clear and bright, fonts are readable and color is sharp.
6) The menu system is fine and works. I like the option to enable the dailing number large on screen so it is even more readable.
1) None really. Someone mentioned the rubber jack location for charging is poor, I don't think it is terrible, plus now I have a phone with decent battery life (replaced 1st unit), I should not have to charge it as often. Others also said the front display is too small, well I don't spend too much time looking it anyway, do you? This phone is a basic model and doesn't do video or music, all you can do is limited for glancing at time and battery level and such, so I don't believe a bigger display would be that much more useful (plus wouldn't it use more battery?).
Battery Power? Not so good
I have had this phone for a little over a week. So far the battery will not last over 12 hours. VZ said that it takes awhile to get to the point that the battery will take a full charge. Seeing as how the battery gets charged 2x a day, it appears there is something wrong.
TOtherwise the features on the phone are fine, the buttons are easy to use, and the menus are ok.
I'll be taking the phone back today
I've had this phone two years.. not so hot.
I've had this phone for two years and I'm sick of it, I'm looking for a new one. Heres my reveiw.
-its REALLY tough (Ive dropped it off a roller coaster yesterday, and it still works the same as it did before!)
-it looks professional
-the keyboard is spaced out nicely
-its easy to figure out
-it didn't cost much
-the camera is decent -not great, but not horrible.
-the calls are good - loud, they don't drop
-the vibrate is noticeable
-after having it about a month it started to make a clicking sound whenever i opened it.
-the rubber covering often falls off
-i personally don't like how it looks, i painted mine green
-the side keys broke off
-some times the send/end keys stick
-it only has 26 MB of memory (despite what this site says!)
-the alarms sometimes don't go off
-the keys are loud when they are hit.
-it can be kind of clunky
-if you use more than 16 MB it will not let you send/receive text messaged.
-the voice commands will go off randomly for the first month or two
If you got this phone cause it had a USB port, thinking Oh! great I can hook this to my computer and up or download pics or ringtones. WRONG. You can if you buy their 50 dollar software. You can`t even charge it from the computer without it.
To me it`s like buying a new car with a CD player and find out later it wont work unless you go back to the dealer and pay 50 dollars for the software to make it work.
It`s just plain bad buisness.
And yes the charge port cover is flimsy and a pain to open and close.
Don't waste your money!
I got this phone just three months ago. Worked great for about five weeks. It now won't hold a charge, even with a new battery. I have to charge it twice a day after only one call and two texts. Some of my calls are going straight to voice mail, with no missed call notification whatsoever. If I turn the phone off, I have to remove to battery in order to turn it back on. This will be my last Motorola.
The only thing that I am going to say about this phone is watch where your fingers are. I have noticed that if the are anywhere the hinge when you open it it can pinch your fingers and it HURTS!!!!!
I Really Like It
It has really good reception.
Its rigers are loud.
The vibrate works good.
It has great features.
I really cant think of any it is a all around good phone I would recommend it to anyone who ask about it.
I tried this phone out in the local Verizon Wireless corporate store. The soft touch feel like the V195 and the PEBL is great. It is not a fingerprint magnet. Only problem I found was when the earpiece is at full volume, it distorts.