Info Photos News Forum 16 Reviews
Just upgraded my A930 to this a few days ago.
1. Sleek and slim design.
2. Excellent sound quality. Everything sounds great with this phone and the volume is loud enough.
3. Large inner display.
4. Outer color display (Shows time/date, signal strength, battery level, wallpaper).
5. Decent camera quality.
6. Micro SD slot (supports up to 8GB).
7. I can add words to the T9 dictionary finally! YAY!!!!
8. Supports VCast Music w/ Rhapsody.
9. The xylophone keypad sound scheme is kinda neat.
10. Voice commands aren't perfert, but work better than my A930.
11. TXT message readout (reads your text messages aloud either when they are received, or when you open them).
12. Music touch keys under outer display.
10. Voice commands and camera can be activated with the phone closed.
13. Renders mobile web super fast.
14. Speakerphone button needs to be held for at least 2 seconds before activating (preventing me from accidentally activating the speakerphone like I always did with the A930).
1. Fills the whole screen with my animated wallpaper cutting off the sides and causes it to animate too slowly (I'm sure I can fix that though).
2. Battery life seems a bit weak, but then again I used it A LOT after the 1st charge, so I'm sure I can probably pull at least 2-3 days from it normally.
3. It power cycled once, but I was messing around with it too much so I probably caused it to crash.
4. 25MB total internal memory? Come on, with memory getting cheaper and cheaper, phones should be coming out with more internal memory.
5. Text entry in mobile web forms (and mobile IM) sucks horribly. Wish it used the same system as the txt messaging.
6. Not the most attractive color scheme on the outside, but not bad.
7. Stock ringtones suck as usual.
Overall, I think this is probably VZW's most underrated phone. The pros definitely outweigh the cons. No major issues I've seen with these phones either. I'd recommend to anyone looking for a reasonably priced, fully featured phone.
Strong vwith Samsung
Just got this phone and so far I love it!!
*Great outside display and inside display-very large
*Amazing reception and clarity
*Battery has been great
*Ringtones are loud and clear
*Easy keypad for texting and sends them really fast
*Speed on the web is by far the fastest I have seen
*Customizing the phone is a snap and more features than any other phone I have had
*If you don't get a case for the phone you will be wiping the screen frequently due to the mirror look on the outside and it attracts fingerprints like a magnet
Overall this phone is AWESOME and I am so glad that I got it. Great job Verizon and Samsung...you have a great phone!
Advertisements reviews continues below...
Great Samsung for VZW
Phone is great - I'm a long time Samsung/VZW fan.
The only negative: when the phone is closed, there is no way to activate the external display. For example, I have to open the phone to check the time.
This is a great little phone. I agree with the pros and cons of the other positive users, so I won't duplicate them here. I will say, however, that I was very disappointed that I couldn't get the external display to come on unless I opened and closed the phone. Then I tried holding the lock button for 2 or 3 seconds, and voila! the external display came on!! Discovering that little trick -- which, by the way, not even Verizon could figure out -- made this an ALMOST perfect phone. The fingerprints still bother the heck out of me!
Returning this phone
I got this phone about two weeks ago and am very unhappy with it. The battery life is horrible it only last approx a day and half. My LG8300 could go up to four days when i first got it without dying. The other problem i have with this phone is that it freezes almost daily. This is a really irritating occurance. I would never recommended this phone to anyone
excellent phone u340
Now, your wondering why I posted a review for the u340 under the 550 but thats only because i posted a review on it. I got the u340 again and it is awesomee.
I like the numeric keypad more then the Intensity's keyboard. The u450 intensity was also a good phone but I find myself typing faster on this type of a keypad so I decided to go for it again and got one. So I wanted to make a review.
The size is excellent. I noticed if I had a smaller pocket, I found my intensity, easily popping out of the top of it (pocket) with this one it goes in VERY well into the pocket. The camera is only a vga camera, but isn't half bad. I consider it something you should look for if you want a basic phone.
1) Compact/efficient design - easy to carry in a shirt pocket.
2) Keyboard/screen good.
1)Always pushing buttons. Speakerphone doesn't "stick", push a button everytime to use. Want to see the time - push a button.
2) A Verizon marketing device - always pushing Verizon pay products or the name.
3) Poor battery life - I've owned another Samsung phone and it had poor battery life also - seems to be a trend for Samsung.
3) Listening not good - muddy (south Florida).
4) Every time I get a new Verizon phone it has fewer ringtones and the ones available
are lame(see item 2).
5) Camera doesn't seem any better than lesser megapixel phone models.
Conclusion: It's being shipped back.
What a Great Phone!!!!
What a great Phone!
Slim but has everything!
I bought this great phone last week, and
I can say it's much much better than U540 & VX8350. VX8350 is really fat ass compare to this slim and nice looking phone.
Pros: Camera Quality, Sounds, BT, Nice grip,
and colors(Calm & inteligent Looking!!!)
Cons: Little too slim for my hand.