Sweet Little Gadget
This is a very good phone, and its the best one I've ever had.
- Great reception (Metro PCS/Broward County, FL area)
- Easy navigation, and overall very easy to use.
- Has all of the features you will need, including internet, and a camera that takes pictures and video.
- Perfect size and shape; looks terrific.
- Camera could be better. It takes good pics, but they do come out a little blurry.
- You need to purchase ringtones through your carrier's applications, and can't use your own.
- As others have said, fingerprints show up extremely well on the outer display.
- Palette choices for the interface are very limited (green/white, orange/white, orange/black).
That's about it!
I love this phone!!
I have used cell phones since 1994 and of course over the years they have gotten better and better, but this is the best. I purchased 3 phones through US Cellular, 2 razor v3m's for my wife and daughter and the samsung for me. We all had the option of using them for 30 days and if not happy exchanging them for anything else. I wouldn't exchange mine for anything else. I love the size, the reception, and all the features. It's super easy to use and fits nicely in my pocket. The camera works very well and is easy to use and has an excellent flash. The battery life is great. I highly recommend this phone.
I love this phone! Lotsa great features... nice quality, very comfortable, great keypad, etc....
DAMN GOOD PHONE
This phone is great...everything is awsome, thats all i have to say positive about it.....but trying to use sombody elses memorycard is not goona happen...u have to use ur own.....but other than that ITS AWSOME!!!!!
The phone that made me like cellphones
This phone is nothing short of excellent (but it has its tiny flaws). If this phone were destroyed or lost, I would not hesitate to replace it with the same model.
It is superb as a phone, and has plenty of extras for the gadget lover. If you want a phone you can slip into your pocket without a case and not have it get in the way, this is it. IMHO, this is the BEST alternative to (and better than) a RAZR.
- Perfect shape and size. No sharp corners, lumps, or antennas, and easy to hold, even between shoulder and ear (due to the angle it opens to - 150Â°), unlike the RAZR which opens almost flat.
- Bright, crisp, and large screens
- Great battery life
- Loud and quality stereo speakers
- Great voice quality and reception
- Well spaced keypad
- Light and strong, nice hinge with good rubber stops
- Body doesn't pick up fingerprints
- External microSD
- Charger/data cable locks in place
- Dedicated 2.5mm stereo headset jack, camera, speakerphone, MP3 player buttons
- Camera and MP3 player can be started with phone closed
- Easy to use and customizable interface
- GPS navigation, XM radio, Celltop
- Good voice dialing
- Easy silent mode
- Nice tools
- Slick MP3 player
- Very nice 1.3 MP camera with LED flash
- Camcorder, sound recorder
For the most part, these negatives are very small, and not big enough to dock any points off. If you are a heavy texter you may want to look elsewhere because it doesn't learn new words, but it has a very capable dictionary. If you must have MP3 ringtones, this phone can do it, but only with a data cable and the Bitpim software.
- Port covers appear slightly fragile, but are attached with flexible rubber rods
- Highest volume makes the speakers buzz a tiny bit
- Ringer could be a little louder
- Keypad is rather flat but usable
- Screen picks up fingerprints
- T9 doesn't learn
- Vibrate only works at loudest ring or when ringer off
- No OBEX support
- No official support for MP3 ringtones
Excellent Phone With Premium Features
The u520 is a solid performer and sports many premium but unobtrusive features, while remaining quite light, small and thin. Even those who don't use the extra features will like this easy-to-use phone. An Alltel exclusive, this phone really stands out in the market today. It's a remarkable value at only $50 after rebate.
+Foremost, a solid, basic phone.
>Clear sound, plenty of volume.
>Callees happy with sound quality.
>Main screen is color, clear and readable; works well with Axcess services.
>Outside screen is also color and readable.
>Very light, and *very* comfortable to carry.
>Also comfortable to use.
+Packed with features despite attractive size.
>Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP -- you can use a Bluetooth stereo headset.
+MicroSD slot is easy to access, on the phone's outside.
+Alltel's only TeleNav GPS phone (though the BlackBerry 8703e works, too).
>TeleNav works as advertised, without adding a GPS receiver.
+1.3MP camera with flash.
+Good external front MP3 controls.
+Speaker-independent voice control.
+Clear speaker phone, easily turned on and off.
+2.5mm headset jack, with stereo.
-Ringtones can't be added by microSD card.
-Some texters complain that the phone doesnât âlearn.â
-Bluetooth profiles limited.
>No OBEX for file transfer.
-No software available yet, such as for managing contacts.
-Few accessories available specific to this phone.
>Some SCH-A645 accessories (like chargers) work.
-Limited reliable information available. (Glad it's now on PS!)
-[So far for me,] doesnât recognize more than 1GB of 2GB microSD card.
-TeleNav unavailable while roaming.
I can think of other features Iâd like -- OBEX, a better camera, and now roaming TeleNav. But I couldn't find any phone available I'd rather carry, though I live in a major city with all leading carriers and have used all of them over the years.
This is the best phone I've EVER owned. I got rid of the first one I had to get the newest Metro Pcs phone (the Motorokr z6m)and immediately went out and re purchased the U520 a week later! It's a phone that I feel is Metro Pcs' best since they debuted it in Oct. 07.
External antenna, thin lightweight and cool looking
Bright, crisp, and large screens
Great battery life
Loud and quality stereo speakers
Great voice quality and reception
Charger/data cable locks in place
2.5mm stereo headset jack, camera, speakerphone, MP3 player buttons
Camera and MP3 player can be started with phone closed
Good voice dialing
Easy silent mode
Excellent 1.3 MP camera with LED flash
Camcorder, sound recorder
LOUD custom ringtones
Ringtones can't be added by microSD card.
Wow, I traded a MotoRAZOR v3m for this phone, and it was the best phone decision I ever made. In almost every respect, this phone is head and shoulders above everything else I've had.
smaller than RAZOR
outstanding reception, 3 bars more than RAZOR with Alltel
really nice screens, easily legible
Bluetooth and wired headset capable
strong Bluetooth radio, reaches more than 40 feet reliably
amazing camera! best I've ever seen in a phone.
surprising battery life: over twenty hours connected to bluetooth headset, plus two hours talk time, and over 150 text messages over the course of 72 hours on a single charge
poor documentation, owners manual doesn't cover everything
no menu personalization options
speakerphone and ringers could be louder
brown cover is ugly to my eye
Seems to be a great phone
I exchanged the Razor v3m for this and it was probably one of the best decisions I've made in a long time. I really like this phone. It's sleek, sophisticated, and the best part is... it actually works well! I love how the menu is set up, it has a FANTASTIC camera, the call quality is great, and it seems to get really good reception. There are only 2 things that could be better.
1. The speaker phone could be a bit louder.
2. There is a slight delay in typing when replying to a text message.
All in all I give this phone a 4 out of 5. I'm very happy with it. It's definitely a keeper!
I got this phone a couple weeks ago, and i love it. it does have limited info on the internet because it is new, but thats ok. im not a techno weenie so i cant talk about gigs and stuff like that, but it is a great phone , with great features and sound. So, i cant write this in general because you could have a fluke in your phone like any phone (been there), but this is a great phone and i highly recommend it to anyone.