Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

A little part of me died tonight.

ZombieJ

Jul 30, 2005, 8:32 PM
I don't really get off on fireworks... I don't particularly like them, and I'm not necessarily against them. That is, until tonight.

I'm in Halifax, and just spend the last 15 minutes (seems like 2 hours) listening to the fireworks. these same fireworks happened to block the McDonald Bridge and make it so I couldn't go into Halifax on my day off and see the 'wife' 👿 . As if that wasn't enough there is a group of 30 somethings upstairs drinking and partying while cranking 70's/80's country music. These are the same people you would see driving down the road in a faded '85 Pontiac Firebird with their mullets waiving majestically in the wind.

One of these mouth breathers bothers me more than the rest. She somehow maintained a...
(continues)
BlueHFX

Jul 31, 2005, 10:01 AM
How did the blocking of the bridge prevent you from going to Halifax? there is the other bridge and the ferry you can take. Or do you Walk to Halifax or cycle only? one day on the transit cannot be that bad 2 bucks each way.
lorna

Jul 31, 2005, 12:57 PM
It seems to me that you were actually more put off by the mouth breathers than by the fireworks. True, the fireworks caused you to have to be around those creatures, but the bulk of your email was about their human deficiencies rather than the ear-splitting or mind-numbing pyrotechnics. I enjoyed reading your post on various levels and I don't think that anything in you died that night; I think that something very real was resuscitated and aggravated beyond your ability or desire to contain. 😉

-Lorna
Sun, Jul 31, 2005, 10:53 AM PST

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.