Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

show all 9 replies

insurance

jed_ed

May 30, 2005, 2:08 PM
does anyone out there in tv land know why it is not possible to get insurance on a cell phone in canada. you'd think the companies would be more than happy to make money off of us 🤣
Link

Jun 8, 2005, 11:32 PM
Yeah but up in Canada, money isn't that important. Being laid back and cool, drinking our fine, best tasting beer helps us to really relax and enjoy life instead of worrying over the not so important things.

Seriously though we should get some insurance for our phones. Maybe if we petition the wireless companies or something like that?
Vox Dei

Jun 8, 2005, 11:58 PM
You can usually get insurance through your home insurance. Tons cheaper than what they pay for in in the US. Canadian companys don't offer it because there isn't a company that is willing to insure them. The phone companys can't offer insurance because we are phone companys not insurance agencys. I suppose the phone companys could go arond and see if anyone would offer it for customers but i guess noone has done that.
BlueHFX

Jun 13, 2005, 1:29 PM
well for one thing in the USA it is not the wireless companies that provide the insurance it is actual insurance companies. However they make it easier for the customers by billing their wireless accounts you still need to file a claim through the insurance company, and there is still a deductible in many cases it really really is not worth it unless you tend to lose phones or break them or got the high high end phones.
deedsofflesh

Jun 15, 2005, 11:33 AM
when i signed up with rogers at one of the indirect dealers they offered me insurance but they wanted 100$ right there and then and i was uneligable at any other time to sign up after that if i didn't pay right there.
BlueHFX

Jun 15, 2005, 1:17 PM
deedsofflesh said:
when i signed up with rogers at one of the indirect dealers they offered me insurance but they wanted 100$ right there and then and i was uneligable at any other time to sign up after that if i didn't pay right there.

same here mind you mine was an upgrade and they actually had an option for water damage as well. but these are generally authorized dealers and it an internal thing
Vox Dei

Jun 19, 2005, 11:00 AM
Are you sure that was insurance and not extended warranty? That's about what it cost me for extended warranty back when i bought my V60
BlueHFX

Jun 19, 2005, 12:15 PM
Vox Dei said:
Are you sure that was insurance and not extended warranty? That's about what it cost me for extended warranty back when i bought my V60

Well considering a warranty will never cover water damage yes. it is not from rogers it is from the dealer I got the phone from. Some authorized dealers have their own insurance kinda of a selling point to buy from them.
elmo01

Jul 4, 2005, 2:01 PM
jed_ed said:
does anyone out there in tv land know why it is not possible to get insurance on a cell phone in canada. you'd think the companies would be more than happy to make money off of us 🤣

I have phone insurance thru my apartment insurance... its a specified item... costs me 2.50 a month for 500 bux coverage... the deductable is 50 bux...
rep12345

Jul 4, 2005, 3:51 PM
jed_ed said:

I have rogers and i have insurance on my phone you have to pay it at start of service, it was like an additional 70$ it's not a per month rate.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.