Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

Visiting Russia - Need SIM

ajohnston

Jun 29, 2004, 3:15 PM
In August I need to go to Russia for 2 weeks. My carrier here in the US, T-Mobile, wants to charge $4.99/min roaming in Russia! I'd like to get a local SIM for Russia where I can call Moscow from within Russia at a reasonable cost.

I have a V60i phone with T-Mobile in the US. Does this phone support prepaid? What are my options? What do you recommend?
rockprc

Jul 5, 2004, 8:48 PM
First you need to have a unlocked tri-band GSM phone(GSM 900/1800/1900), then purchase a pre-paid SIM card here or abroad. Then just pop in the card, and you are in business. much cheaper than what T-mobile will charge.
So you need find out if the V66i is a tri-band or not. If it is , you can ask T-mobile to unlock for you for free. I heard Xingular and ATT won't unlock for their customers.
Nevsky

Jul 12, 2004, 7:23 PM
There are lots of cell phone choices in Russia. Everyone has one.

I got a SIM card with a carrier in St. Petersburg. I went to an office of the carrier rather than a reseller. They even had a copy of the cell phone agreement in English.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.