Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Unlocked phones for cingular

intel123

May 26, 2005, 1:46 AM
hi i am looking at these phone models Motorola E398 / Sony Ericsson Z800i / Sony Ericsson W800i out of those which ones would work for cinglar and what is needed so the phone will work with cingular
Pink Jazz

May 26, 2005, 6:36 PM
Sorry, those phones don't have GSM 850. While they still would work on Cingular, coverage will be somewhat mediocre.

Note that

Here are reccomendations for phones with GSM 850:

Nokia 3620 - Going for EXCELLENT prices on eBay, making this Symbian OS (Series 60 platform) smartphone an excellent deal. I recently got my unlocked 3620 there. Styled for the male user.

Motorola V551 - A quadband phone for the world traveler living in the U.S. It's got EDGE and video recording.

Motorola V635 - More powerful than the V551, with megapixel camera, 18-bit display, and external display.

Samsung SGH-P207 - A clamshell phone with 18-bit color display and VGA camera.

Samsung SGH-P777 - A slider phone with 18-bit display and megapixe...
(continues)
intel123

May 27, 2005, 3:10 AM
will the nokia 6230 work on cingular and how bad will the coverage be if i take a phone that has 900 gsm intead of 850 gsm. also am i better off to take t mobile if i get a phone that has 900 gsm.
Pink Jazz

May 27, 2005, 9:27 AM
There are two versions of the 6230, so if you want to use it on Cingular, get the 850 version.

If you want a phone without GSM 850, go with T-Mobile instead.
princesssparklepony

May 27, 2005, 3:59 PM
DO NOT GO WITH TMOBILE REGARDLESS!!! 👿 I have had nothing but bad experiences with them. Everyone I know with TMo has had only bad experiences.
rockprc

Jun 1, 2005, 9:27 AM
You must be kidding, right? You should go visit T-mobile board, and introduce yourself to the bunch of happy customers there.
Speaking of frequencies, the new T-mo phones all come with 850 instead 900, so you know they are dipping into the 850 as well, abide slowly.
gsmcentral

May 27, 2005, 4:47 PM
Are you guys nuts? 😳 Answer the question people. The W800 kicks ass. Get it. Do it for Cingular, do it for tmobile it doesn't matter. That phone is the best, just get it.

For all of you unfamiliar it has storage capacity to be the best mp3 playing phone thus far, comes with 512mb memory stick, 2.0 mega pixel camera, tri band, speaker phone.

just get it. cant wait to get mine.
simplymarcus

May 27, 2005, 5:52 PM
I have tried to use unlocked phones on my account that do not have the 850mhz and it did not work out. I had trouble finding service since everywhere in Chicago is 850 for cingular. But west coast and east coast are all 1900
jerrydock

May 30, 2005, 10:33 AM
None of the characteristics you mentioned have anything at all to do with whether the phone will MAKE A CALL.

If you want toys; go to ToysRUs

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.