Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

motorola a630

edaltman

May 12, 2005, 3:31 PM
my wife currently has a nokia with two sim cards, one for the UK and one for the USA. to access the web using the UK t-mobile simcard and account, she had to manually insert the wap addresses for the sites she was interested in accessing (e.g. yahoo etc). and once that was done, all was fine.
she recently purchased a motorola A630 here in the US. after discussions with both t-mobile and motorola tech support, she seems to think that she will NOT be able to manually enter wap addresses in this phone as she did before.
does anyone know if she is correct in this?
she wants a phone with a qwerty keyboard that will work both in the US and the UK (different sim cards are ok) and that will provide web access. does anyone know of one if the m...
(continues)
Iselltheshitoutofphones

May 12, 2005, 7:58 PM
I current use the a630 as a T-Mobile phone that I had SIM unlocked for Cingular. Unforunately there is no way to open the WAP, and MMS settings without flashing the phone. I primarily use the phone for text messaging so not having the internet doesn't bother me.

Flashing the phone takes out the current carrier settings and opens the menu to change the locked and hidden settings. Someone in your area may be able to provide this service for you for a small fee. You may want to contact Motorola to see if they can do it for you by sedning it in to one of there repair shops.

Will

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.