Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

Will I cry in Argentina?

ricklfies

Dec 13, 2004, 12:00 PM
I just purchased a Motorola V551 on the Cingular system. I travel to Argentina frequently and have a Personal account in that country. What I am trying to find out is whether I will need to unlock my new phone to use the Personal chip when I am in Argentina or does Cingular even lock this phone. As a note, I have the international package with Cingular. Also anybody have problems sending text messages from Argentina to Cingular GSM phones?
Thanks in advance for the help and since I am a FNG if this topic has previously been discussed I apologize for not reviewing futher back.

Regards
ralph_on_me

Dec 16, 2004, 8:12 PM
All of our previous world phones were sold unlocked, but I do believe the newer ones are now sold locked. There are some requirements you have to fufill before CS will give you the unlock code, but if you meet them they can do it for you at no charge. I do suggest inquiring before you leave for argentina, otherwise you'll have to call our international CS number for assistance.
jas259871

Dec 31, 2004, 9:59 PM
I work for cingular most of there phones are lock however you chosse a good phone aa the moto 551 and v3 for cingular are unlock you will be ables to change sims
nonobstant

Apr 11, 2005, 1:42 AM
I just got back from Europe.

When I tried to put a local sim card into my Motorola V551, after entering my password I was asked for a "subsidiary" password (or number I can't recall). I have no idea what that is.

I tried someone else's local sim card and got the same request.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.