Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

live from Italy?

Pip

Nov 24, 2004, 12:32 PM
Hi,

I'm looking into a study trip to Rome next summer (though it may not happen, but I'm allowed to dream). I would like to be able to keep a blog or livejournal that I can update from a handheld (like a Blackberry) but I don't know if this is possible, or if the service is available in Italy. Does anyone have any experience with travelling in Italy, or recommendations for a handheld that would be appropriate? Less expensive models would be better of course (student budget and all), but any kind of recommendation would be helpful. I know just about nothing about the industry.

thanks,
Pip
DaiNayee

Dec 3, 2004, 11:34 AM
I was in Italy last summer, the most important issue on using a cell phone is to check if your phones is UNLOCKED and TRIBAND. I have a att phone which is locked and does not have 900 MHz band, so probably u need 900 MHz phone and a italy SIm card which would work with it. I got a package (triband phone+SIM card) for $149, it was a pretty good deal with FREE GSM global usage Motorola phone, I am NOT sure if the deal is still available but you could check it out with Intouchsmartcards, or call them up at 1-800-USA-Roam.

Hope this helps!

Dai Nayee
jas259871

Dec 31, 2004, 10:02 PM
I agree

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.