Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

How to send Ringtones to Lg VX8600

tam004

Dec 4, 2006, 10:31 PM
I know how to convert and send ringtones that I have created to my old LG 6100 phone, there was a way to set sound from a text message as a ringtone. Now I have a new LG VX8600 and I can't figure out how to set my sound files as ringtones. Can anyone help me out?
vfrpilot

Jan 7, 2007, 9:29 PM
I'm sure you've figured this out by now, its been a month since you posted - you can't 😢 .
The way around is to e-mail yourself the rings.
Yahoo, comcast, gmail, etc are currently having spam blocking issues TO vzwpix.com, so I suggest using the vzwpix site itself to 1st upload, then send the ringers to yourself.
Oh, btw, even usung the`sd card won't allow the transfer of ringers, they too are placed in a sound or music folder 🙄 - its a proprietary move by VZW to make money 👿 - you knew that right?
nebben

Feb 2, 2007, 11:33 AM
I remember using some website several times that was specifically designed to allow you to TXT sound files to your phone. It had some requirements (rename .mp3 to .mid or something like that), but worked with most providers and most phones. I can't find the page in my bookmarks....anyone know? Or is the only way to TXT an MP3 file to a VZ phone through VZW websites?
jmac32here

Feb 4, 2007, 2:20 PM
You may be able to TXT it to your phone using the NUMER@vtext.com.

But it may not work with the newer brew phones, since they support full on ringtones that are only available through Get It Now. I hear its some propritary file type they switched to.

As it stands, the phrase remains. If it's not on Get It Now, your not gonna get it ever. (Stole that from another VZ customer on this site.)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.