Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

old ringtones

jaw444

Jun 26, 2006, 1:32 AM
i have cingular in the los angeles area, i am a migrated former AT&T customer who still has my ATT plan, but am no longer under contract.

For the past couple of years I've had a motorola V505 and V551. Those phones came standard with about 90 ringtones. my daughter got the same phone but different model number with T Mobile and only had a few ringtones that came with it.

A couple of weeks agao my V551 died and the insurance replaced it with a razr V3. The new phone only has about 20 ringtones.

Is there any way to transfer all those other ringtones from the V551 to the new phone, or just the ones i grew fond of (about 4 or 5 at most) even though these are not ringtones i downloaded but came with the phone's software or firmware...
(continues)
Septhian

Jul 6, 2006, 9:18 AM
Bluetooth, link the two phones to push the files.
jaw444

Jul 15, 2006, 10:27 PM
thanks for the reply. I did manage to get many of the old ring tones from my V550 to my V3, on the same day i wrote the above post, but my memory is so bad (use it or lose it in my case) that today, a few weeks later, i don't remember how i did it. What has happened is, on 7/3, i lost that new Razr V3 with my sim card which had been the sim card from the V550, and all those ring tones. Yesterday i finally got the replacement V3 from the equipment insurance. Now, i'm trying to move ring tones over from my V550 but i don't know how. I tried just putting the sim card in from the 550. That didn't work. I guess the ring tones are saved to the phone. So i am trying to find out how to move some of those stock ring tones from the 550 to the V...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.