Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

T9 On The Samsung A920

Jennyboo

Jun 11, 2006, 1:06 PM
does anyone know how to input your own words on t9 for the samsung a920? I used to have the sanyo8300 and you could add your own words and it was really handy. any help would be appreciated 😁
raycarroll70

Aug 18, 2006, 5:59 PM
I have the Samsung A920 and the phone DOES NOT have the ability to add words to it's dictionary so you will have to manually type words the T9 does not recognize during text messaging.
monkeyracer

Aug 21, 2006, 7:04 PM
You could edit the pre-set messages, you have the ability to add 20 different words or phrases that t9 has a hard time with.
This is a little awkward, once you put them in the list it arranges them by the most recent used.

For example:
If you add the word Cadillac (not in t9) and then add Taco (as in Taco Bell also not in t9) Taco will be the first in the list, and Cadillac the second, and the other preset messages after.
If you type in "Let's go to Taco Bell, in your Cadillac." it would change the order to Cadillac being the first in the list, Taco as the second, etc.

To access this, follow these steps:
Menu>
Messaging>
(9) Settings>
(1) General>
(2) Preset Messages>
Then, scroll to highlight one of the empty slots first, ...
(continues)
GodHatesMe

Aug 21, 2006, 7:09 PM
Also, on every phone I've used you can usually press the '0' key and it will cycle through all the possible words in the dictionary. Once I figured that out it saved me a lot of time from having to switch from T9, to manual, and then back to T9 to continue texting.
monkeyracer

Aug 21, 2006, 7:48 PM
Thanks, the down directional key also does this. If the word is just not in T9, you can use this workaraound to add words you use frequently.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.