Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Listening to a call before it's answered

jayenoh

Mar 26, 2005, 8:08 PM
I met a girl that has what appeared to be a Nokia 6010 from T Mobile that had a very strange feature. She was able to hear people calling her before she answered the phone. For example if I was calling her, while the phone rings if I said something like "pick up" she is able to hear me when all I hear is the ringing sound. Has anyone else heard of this? I'd like to have this feature on my phone.
CoziKitti51

Mar 27, 2005, 3:18 AM
Honestly never knew such a technology was out there. That's my opinion. I work for attws/cingular not t-mobile so you should see what other people say.
sammy2

Mar 29, 2005, 9:22 AM
not a chance of actually existing.
THE PRIZEFIGHTER

Jul 18, 2005, 6:51 AM
Absolutely impossible.....
Rich Brome

Apr 7, 2005, 2:10 PM
On a Nokia 6010? Highly unlikely... 😕

But some phones do have a feature called "call screening" that is very similar. It's like an answering machine. It's similar to voicemail except it happens on your phone, so you can hear the person while they're leaving the message, and "pick up" mid-message if you decide it's someone you want to talk to now.

Many Sanyos have this. You can search for this feature using the Phone Finder:

https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/finder.php »

🙂
pizpiz80

Apr 7, 2005, 3:14 PM
My samsung a530s has this feature... its pretty sweet.
beccaruth

Apr 8, 2005, 2:53 PM
my sanyo 8200 has call screening it recoards a voice memo on the phone that sounds like voice mail. i love it i dont have to answer the phone unless they have something important to say.
sammy2

Apr 8, 2005, 5:47 PM
A very creative approach!
scottcondra311

Apr 9, 2005, 8:50 PM
call screening sounds like it might be it.......but on a nokia 6010?????doesnt sound right
sammy2

Apr 9, 2005, 9:46 PM
The phone finder for the 6010 does not indicate list it as having a call screening feature and the Nokia product page on their website does not list it either.

I do not have this phone so I have no direct experience with it. I would think that the manufacturer would list the feature if it had it.

Nokia's search engine for that model does not indicate any relevant response for call screening.
bowlerboy987

Apr 11, 2005, 1:39 PM
i actually have the sayno 8100 for sprint and if i set up call screening on my phone and when someone calls me if i push the side buttons on my phone i can actually hear the people talking before the call screening even picks up.
ml41782

Jul 22, 2005, 6:22 AM
autoanswer on your end without openning your phne for them to hear you ?
Gunitmother

Jul 25, 2005, 3:33 PM
i have seen this happen on a sprint phone of a friends, he is the one who found out a call would come in and just before voice mail you could hear someone talking. it was crazy

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.