Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

Using MP3's/sounds as ringtones on the LG vx8600

vguimaraes

Jul 19, 2007, 6:21 PM
I recently purchased a Micro SD card 1GB for use on my LG vx8600. I thought from there I could use my sounds and MP3's as ring tones but have had no success in doing so. Is there a way to do this? If so can you please let me know how it's done?
aavera

Jul 20, 2007, 8:19 PM
If it's in your sounds file, you can send it as a text message to yourself and then from your text inbox you select save as ringtone.
satansk8

Jul 31, 2007, 4:17 PM
You dcould also format the mp3 into 25 second incraments of the file type nessiccary for the 8600. I have an 8700 and the file type is qcelp. blue tooth it into the phone and bada bing you have yourself unlimted access. It is not super difficult but can be confusing to some.
Chickeneye

Sep 14, 2007, 4:50 PM
I have tried multiple ways to use files in the MY Sounds folder and when I try to text message myself, it says file size is too big. So I can't use any MP3's or wav files for ringtones.
Grim Reaper

Aug 1, 2007, 11:52 AM
You also might want to try bitpim.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.