Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

Converting m4p to mp3 for ringtones...

atf0016

May 2, 2007, 3:26 PM
is there any opensource mac os x (10.4) software that will allow me to convert aac/m4p files to mp3s, and splice it? i tried audacity for mac, and it doesn't work very well (as opposed to the .exe for windows)

let me know, thanks
deimgt

May 2, 2007, 7:55 PM
After discovering my phone can play mp3 files as ringtones, I immediately grabbed some of my favorite songs and tried to crop and convert them. After trying to do so using Quicktime Pro and iTunes (far more hassle then it's worth), I gave up until I found a hint online (posted by an anonymous forumite elsewhere) that lets you do the same thing in iTunes in half the time!

First, in iTunes you need to go to Prefs, then Import, then change your import settings to mp3 (I used 112kbps, quality is less important than compactness for my ringtones). Then, find the song you want, and go through the song to figure out which part you want to be the ringtone (IE: 00:30.00 to 00:42.00) and then Command-I to get info on the song. Under the Options tab ...
(continues)
Blumpelstiltskin

Jun 15, 2007, 10:41 AM
you can also download Audacity from download.com for free. You can also edit songs with this software - track lengths and whatnot.... I also made a little Queen Medley for a ringtone.

I want to ride my bicycle.
blackandyellow

Jun 15, 2007, 3:19 PM
jetAudio is also a good one to use for audio conversions.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.