all discussions

show all 9 replies

3G in Florida??

tonysgirl

Jul 3, 2006, 5:43 AM
Does anyone know when 3G will be launched in Florida???? ๐Ÿ˜‰
Anxiovert

Jul 3, 2006, 11:13 AM
I assume you mean Cingular's 3G services. Well, here's a list for the south east markets.

Sorry, I only have the dates for the SE markets. Here it is:

3G Launch Schedule in the Southeast:

โ€ยข July '06
- Orlando
- Tampa

โ€ยข August '06
- Daytona
- Canaveral/ Melbourne
- Lakeland
- Birmingham
- Charlotte
- Raleigh
- Gainesville
- Tallahassee
- Jacksonville
- Miami/West Palm
- Knoxville

โ€ยข October '06
- New Orleans
- Baton Rouge
- Greensboro
- Columbia
- Nashville
- Louisville
- Memphis

โ€ยข December '06
- Puerto Rico
tonysgirl

Jul 5, 2006, 4:42 PM
Thank you much Anxiovert. I live in Miami and I am kinda disappointed we weren't one of the first cities to get G3. Either way, it's nice to hear that it will be making its way over here fairly soon. THANKS AGAIN!
Anxiovert

Jul 5, 2006, 10:51 PM
How is the service there in Miami. I went to Miami at the beginging of June and I dropped like 4 calls in 2 days. ๐Ÿ˜• I was shocked. I never drop calls here in Jacksonville. ๐Ÿ˜Ž As a matter of fact, I've noticed that for the past week the signal got even better! and my friend who is in Clearwater is able to talk in his room without fading in and out. We both have noticed this improvements for the past week or so.
tonysgirl

Jul 6, 2006, 2:31 PM
My husband and I have been with Cingular since the begining of time and we have never had a dropped call here in Miami. I have also noticed that my phone has had better signal. So I guess you guys will have 3G before we will. I can't wait to check out the Samsung SGH ZX10 which I guess will be released when 3G works its way down here in South Florida. My husband is really excited about 3G; He just got an internet card with Cingular for his laptop. Right now, the internet works really slow. Oh well, all we can do is wait! ๐Ÿ™„
Anxiovert

Jul 6, 2006, 10:13 PM
Don't get your hopes up on that zx10 (discontinued) The zx20 is coming out soon along with the LG CU500.
oftech

Jul 7, 2006, 11:39 AM
Cingular has never dropped a call in Miami for me. Actually, I've never dropped a call anywhere ๐Ÿ˜Ž
oftech

Jul 7, 2006, 11:45 AM
I can't wait for 3G in S. Florida (Especially Miami) but I had an interesting experience the other day.

A relative of mine works for Bellsouth, and Bellsouth gave them a wireless card for their laptop, one of the 3G ones. I was with them when they were using the card, and when they connected the pop up notification said "Connected to: 3G Network"

They browsed the net for a bit (which I noticed was going quite fast) then logged off before I could look somewhere to see the connection speed, to see if it really was 3G.

Since I have been puzzled ever since, I have a question for any Cingular insider: Is the 3G network up and running, just not sold to us yet? Is Bellsouth special? WHY CAN'T I HAVE IT YET? ๐Ÿ˜›
Anxiovert

Jul 7, 2006, 3:40 PM
Well, it could had been just EDGE. EDGE is considered by many as 3G. ๐Ÿคจ

I don't think they are testing UMTS/ HSDPA in the area; but I could be wrong. ๐Ÿ™„
jhardin1

Jul 28, 2006, 3:01 AM
I'm in San Antonio, TX and Cingular just announced 3G here about 2 weeks ago, but 3G had been active but unoffical for about 6 weeks prior to the announcement. I know because my Aircard 860 one day decided to connect me as 3G accererated ๐Ÿ™‚ The first thing I did was run speed test and got about 1 meg down and 400k up. Also, it appears that Cingular is running 3G through separate switch's than its GSM network, which means a faster less congested newwork - kewl, kewl kewl ;)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.